Sunset over Castle Stalker

Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this tonight and quickly processed.
This shows Castle Stalker ( in Gaelic the castle of the hunter ) which was built around 1540. It sits at the mouth of Loch Laich (by Loch Linnhe) on a rocky islet known as the Rock of the Cormorants which is also the battle cry of the Stewarts of Appin.

Castle-Stalker-sunset.jpg

Cameron

I like the castle and the sunset with the clouds, the reflections in the water also add to the depth however I am not sure that the waters edge and specifically the branch in the foreground add anything at all to this picture.

I would have cropped it to be a panoramic to emphercise the colours and reflections and focus the viewer on that, the low shooting of this shot lends itself very well to that aspect.

Thanks for the reply, Steve.
I'm working on a pano at the minute. 5 shots to stitch.

As for the branch, I thought it might be a subtle lead to the Castle. :ponders: Maybe not.
I fancied a bit of foreground interest in this shot, hence the shoreline.
But as I say a quick process job so that I could post tonight. :)

Cameron

I picked up on the branch leading the eye towards the castle and thought that was your idea, which works for me. I think what doesn't work so well is that the angled foreground clashes somehow with the straight horizon and waterline. If the foreground shoreline had been more horizontal it would have worked much better for me.

Good processing and control of some very subtle tones and colours. Your Achilles Heel is showing though Garnock it's not a jaw dropper... just bloody good. :D

Garnock said:
Thanks for the reply, Steve.
I'm working on a pano at the minute. 5 shots to stitch.

Cameron

I can't believe you have not posted it yet ;) I got up early just to view it :banana:

Garnock said:
Sorry about the delay, Steve.
Sleep always gets in the way. ;)

I thought us photographers slept in the middle of the day so that we can catch the photos in the good light ;)

Back