Sunset over the River Wansbeck

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
Yes
These are the first pics taken with my new camera.... Upgrade to a Canon 40D.
This is the River Wansbeck in Northumberland, approximately 1 mile from my house.
These are straight out the camera with little processing, a small vignette added and a small level adjustment and a grad filter used on Sunset 3.

enjoy!

Industrial Sunset
factorysunsetresize.jpg

Wansbeck Sunset 1
Wansbecksunset.jpg

Wansbeck Sunset 2
Wansbecksunset2.jpg

Wansbeck Sunset 3
Wansbecksunset3.jpg

Wansbeck sunset 2 is my favourite. It has a real feel of autumnal misty sunset. A clone of the two twigs giving a V sign might help. Like them all a lot.

Thanks Russell

Your comments are much appreciated!

:D

I like your subjects, composition and colors very well, but the images all seem overly soft to my eye.

I like your subjects, composition and colors very well, but the images all seem overly soft to my eye.

thanks for your comment hunter, but aren't sunsets supposed to be "soft"??

thanks for your comment hunter, but aren't sunsets supposed to be "soft"??

Yes....and no. (Don't you like ambiguity! :LOL:) Soft light, but not necessarily soft focus. But, it all depends on your purpose as the photographer capturing and presenting an image. If these photos achieve your purpose, that's great. (y) Just ignore my comments. ;)

Lovely colours and tones. Compositions are good except something about no 3 that's just a little off putting. They all look soft to me too. Camera shake?? (y)

have you got a tripod, vital for sunsets to stop camera shake.

good colours and compostion.

Back