Sunset over Ullswater

Name
Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
With the mist rolling in, another beautiful sunset overlooking the Boathouse on Ullswater, Cumbria.
6332337531_1f6e846a20_z.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a beautiful image.

Without doubt a well captured image of a beautiful moment.........Adore the reflections in the water. Well done!

Thanks, its a beautiful spot but a bit dangerous as your literally right on the road, there's no pavement or banking so a quick shot it had to be. Wonderful part of the lakes for stunning scenery. glad you all like it.

cliff

Nice work, even going as far as to do a landscape shot in portrait;) (works well though) ; what settings did you use or is that a trade secret?

Hi Jonathan, it was handheld, F11, 1/50th and iso400 on my 5dmk2/16-35mm lens..... :)

Fantastic shot and an equally great place. Went to that spot last summer but was unsuccessful in terms of a decent shot.

Sorry if this sounds overboard but this is one of the best, if not THE best, photographs I've seen of this location.

I can vouch for the danger of standing by the side of the road to take this shot especially when doing it when it's dark.

Sorry if this sounds overboard but this is one of the best, if not THE best, photographs I've seen of this location.

I can vouch for the danger of standing by the side of the road to take this shot especially when doing it when it's dark.

Many thanks for all your comments, especially yours Peter, thanks mate :)

Lovely image, well done. I agree it is a difficult location. Did you use any filters..?

Mark

Superb shots, #1 has a very pleasing symmetry about it. Got to get up there myself at some point.

Back