Sunset Over Wales This Evening

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone, first time I've submitted any photos here so hopefully I'll get it right :p

I've been meaning to go out for the past few days but the weather has been pants, it was pretty nice today so I gave it a shot :)

When processing the images they look a bit dark, but I don't think they are too dark, not 100% sure though.

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

Rob

They both look good to me, where abouts did you take them?(y)

They both look good to me, where abouts did you take them?(y)

I was in West Kirby at the marine lake, looking towards Wales on the other side of the River Dee :) I realize there isn't a whole lot of wales to see in the photos though but didn't put much thought in to a title :bonk:

Rob

Nice images but the horizon being half way up looks wrong to me. I don't always follow the rule of thirds but usually having the horizon on a third looks best.

I like the second photo. I don't mind too much about the horizon being in the middle, as the position of the pier is roughly on a third, which makes for pleasing composition in my view.
It seems to be quite a cool colour for a sunset. Have you changed the white balance?

Nice shots. No 2 for me, slightly better lead in to the picture.

I do feel that they are a bit dark, highlights are needing a boost.

Cheers for the feedback guys :) Regarding the rule of thirds I didn't really think it would have worked as well, but admittedly I do have a habit when shooting landscapes to put the horizon slap bang in the middle. The white balance was just set to auto I believe. I did have a try at brightening up the images but I think my processing skills still have some way to go as I don't think any of my tries improved the image without ruing the feel for the image.

Rob

Back