Sunset walk last night

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few sunset pictures I took the other night while on a walk. Any suggestions about how i can improve next time?

They should all be clickable:

Thanks!

Thanks!

I'm not sure 2 and 6 though, just not feeling them. Any pointers how to make them work better?

I think 3 is the better shot of the set. like the colours and DOF used to photograph the subject in a different way

Hi Kreuzberg,

Nice set and in my opinion no 3 is by far the best. The composition is great and the sky superb. You have a problem with the boat which appears a little washed out. I am guessing you got a bit of light into the lens.

With a little work in photoshop you should be able to get selective and bring the colours out a bit more, but will need to work on the original image.

Best regards

Chris

i really like the colour and exposure in all of them. the composition is just slightly off in a few.
1 i think id walk down a little further so the building is up against the sky.
2 a little too much concrete wall
3 love it
4 not sure about this one, just a bit too big and black in the centre
5 works well
6 the building is just a bit too out of shot.
7 works well too (y)

Hi Kreuzberg,

Nice set and in my opinion no 3 is by far the best. The composition is great and the sky superb. You have a problem with the boat which appears a little washed out. I am guessing you got a bit of light into the lens.

With a little work in photoshop you should be able to get selective and bring the colours out a bit more, but will need to work on the original image.

Best regards

Chris

Unless it has all changed since this morning, I must have been very tired when I typed that!

Number 2 is the best! With the caveat above on the boat.

Regards

Chris

Thanks for all the feedback guys

These are the setting that I used:
ISO 200 Fuji film
f5.6+f8
1/125
135 lens in 1, 2 and 3
55mm lens in 4

Heres a few more of the building in no.1, hope you don't mind:

Unfortunately in 4 I couldn't get the building directly in the sunset but I think the colours are still nice but I'm not sure if I should crop out the sun or not?

I would say take some ND grads, and process much less. Choose a nice warm white balance in camera, grad up the skye, and shoot. Apply minimal processing when home to try and avoid the halos etc.

Gary.

Back