Sunset with a compact

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Took this while at work last week out of the office window with a compact, would like some C&C if poss as it is my first attempt at a sunset, just wish I had my 40D with me. :bang: :bang:

ss_0325.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Difficult one to comment on. It looks a bit like it is after the sunset with the car park looking like a night shot. think I'd put it down a a nearly but not quite shot.

Difficult one to comment on. It looks a bit like it is after the sunset with the car park looking like a night shot. think I'd put it down a a nearly but not quite shot.

Thanks for the honest crit, was my first attempt at a sunset, just whish I had the SLR with me instead of a compact.

The car park is in shadow reflecting the diffuse blue of the overhead sky on the snow which in turn contrasts with the orange of the sunset. This gives it nice complimentory colours which is something pro photographers go out to look for.

Your eye would have made the snow look white/grey so good "seeing"

I like the sunset reflection on the wet roads as well. The road is a nice strong diagnal that leads to the sunset and I find the rows of cars a nice interesting pattern.

Nice one!

The car park is in shadow reflecting the diffuse blue of the overhead sky on the snow which in turn contrasts with the orange of the sunset. This gives it nice complimentory colours which is something pro photographers go out to look for.

Your eye would have made the snow look white/grey so good "seeing"

I like the sunset reflection on the wet roads as well. The road is a nice strong diagnal that leads to the sunset and I find the rows of cars a nice interesting pattern.

Nice one!

Thanks.

Back