Sunset!

Edit My Images
No
Hiya all, well know that some of the metal work has been removed from my body and I can use more than a couple of digits again, I thought I better get back to using the camera again.

sunset3.jpg

A very visually pleasing shot, the sun has been captured at just the right time, partially hidden behind a cloud so A: It's not too overpowering, and B: It's producing those nice downward rays splaying out.

I can't help however, thinking that it is a little bland. Apart from the sun, and the dramatic colour it is producing, there's nothing to feast my eyes on. With this in mind, that there is no particular focal point to rest upon, I think the rule of thirds should have been partially ignored here (which is why I assume the sun is off centre).
Instead I would have placed the sun and horizon in the lower half like you have done, but horizontally put the sun central.

Regards

Ahahaha, lol, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to laugh but im sure you will appreciate that I did take this shot in exactly the manner you described as well but decided against posting it for fear of "why didn't you use the rule of thirds". Cheers for the feedback though,

Nice to see you back Gary after your awful accident. Hope you're healing nicely.:)

Great sky!! I'm not sure you could have improved the shot however you'd taken it, with that flat skyline. A more undulating or interesting skyline would have made all the difference.

Gary Bagshawe said:
Ahahaha, lol, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to laugh but im sure you will appreciate that I did take this shot in exactly the manner you described as well but decided against posting it for fear of "why didn't you use the rule of thirds". Cheers for the feedback though,

Hehe I've been guilty of exactly the same thing myself (guilty is a bad choice of word there I think).
It's impossible to please everyone all of the time. What works for one, will work for another.

If you had posted it like I had described, then someone will most definately have suggested offsetting it to the side as per the rule of thirds. Infact I would have probably said it myself (I'm flaky like that...lol)
That's the beauty of other peoples eyes and subjection, we're all different, and have different views.

Good to hear you're on the mend though :)

Good to have you back Gary, nice to hear that your recovering.

I quiet like this, the colour is lovely, really nice and warm, the sunlight just on the tops of the clowds, a little brighter in the top half would have made it more dramatic imo, the horizon cant be helped, but its certainly is a pleasing shot.

I really like the colours as well, would maybe even work without any foreground and just the sun in the sky??

Back