Sunsets in Barbados

Hi Andrew. I'm not sure the nuclear processing is really helping these images. The first in particular is suffering from a multitude of ailments - halos, colour banding, oversaturation and sharpening artifacts. The second two look relatively unmolested and make much more pleasant viewing as a result, although the final shot needs a horizon tweak.

Composition wise I think the first two really need some foreground to anchor the images. It's very easy to get carried away when there's good light and just shoot right at wherever the most drama is (we've all done it!), but it's important to take some time to consider the composition as a whole when shooting landscapes of any sort.

Hi Andrew. I'm not sure the nuclear processing is really helping these images. The first in particular is suffering from a multitude of ailments - halos, colour banding, oversaturation and sharpening artifacts. The second two look relatively unmolested and make much more pleasant viewing as a result, although the final shot needs a horizon tweak.

Composition wise I think the first two really need some foreground to anchor the images. It's very easy to get carried away when there's good light and just shoot right at wherever the most drama is (we've all done it!), but it's important to take some time to consider the composition as a whole when shooting landscapes of any sort.
hahaha I will take on board your comments and thanks for taking the time

I have to agree with Tom on the processing.

Back