img_6694.jpg
[/IMG]

img_6575.jpg
[/IMG]

img_6700.jpg
[/IMG]

img_6623.jpg
[/IMG]

I like them all. I don't know why but the third is my favourite even though to some they may say it's to dark. Well it's just my view.

2 & 4 for me too, they are both very nice. (y)

The foreground is a little dark in the other 2 which is unfortunate.

2 & 4 are super shots, the other two are just too dark in the foreground for me but composition in 1 looks good.

TFS
David.

2 & 4 for me too! both have nice defined shilouets (think that how it's spelt), where as mentioned before the others are a little dark so the foregroud objects are hidden in the darkness.

I'm a big fan of using grads. So all but the fisherman shots, that's what I'd recommend you try next time. These are great shots apart from the darkness and dark forground. You've included the forground in the picture, so I would be nice to see it.
The Fisherman shot is nice as it is though, works well. I'd just change where the horizon is, by placing it on a third (for all the shots).

I have used some grads and I will post the pix for you to see. and compare I just preferred these and they do not look as dark on my monitor. The feedback is much appreciated. By the way the shots artaken in Barmouth and the sun is setting over the Llynn peninsular and Cardigan bay

barcly

Great skies in all of them, composition wise they are good.

I like the fisherman one, but the rest are a little too dark in the foreground for my liking. Sunsets are definately the time for using ND grads.

I am not as blown away by these as some of the others. Don't get me wrong, they are not BAD, in fact #2 is a bit of a belter but the others have defects that make them really nice colours but not great pictures.

#1 & 3 both appear soft. Perhaps you chose the wrong focusing point or perhaps the camera moved but they do not look sharp.

#4 is sharp. And the colours are good too. So what is your griff Mr HUN? Well the composition is a little lazy. I often like a horizon appearing in the middle (which is against conventional wisdom) but in this case I agree with this often stated rule. It takes any dynamics away from the picture and it just doesn't come to life in the way it should. An altered position could have avoided this.

As has been said ND filters help in this situation however in #2 you worked the exposure REALLY well without this advantage and should be the shot that you retain from this group! (y)

I'm with the above comment on these....just to add, the horizon on #2 the best image here needs a slight straighten, other than that it's a top image, very evocative.

Barmouth mid Wales, looking out to Cardigan bay. The sun as setting over the Llyn peninsular

I like the darkness and that you can't see the sun in 1 and 3, don't know why but they're my fav, and the colours are amazing!

all very good,but i think second one takes it for me (y)

Back