Super bright flashing cycle light

Those Lezyne ones are good, they feel really nicely made too. A few people at work have got them as one of the cycling magazines was giving them away last year if you subscribed for 6months which was less than the cost of the light.

just seeing if evans will price match wiggle :)

Yep evans priced match evans will collect saturday

Will be interested to hear how you find it [emoji3]

I've a Cateye Volt 400 that's pretty impressive but am looking for a second option.

As someone who is both cyclist and driver, can I recommend putting the beam on constant when on the road at night - a flashing light makes it difficult to judge speed and distance, and that's not good when you're vulnerable. 450 lumens will make you un-missable to approaching cars after dark anyway, so the flashing aspect shouldn't be needed.

As someone who is both cyclist and driver, can I recommend putting the beam on constant when on the road at night - a flashing light makes it difficult to judge speed and distance, and that's not good when you're vulnerable. 450 lumens will make you un-missable to approaching cars after dark anyway, so the flashing aspect shouldn't be needed.

sorry mate but the answer to that is no, a small bulb in oncoming trafic is invisible with todays mix of massivley bright car LED headlights and people who drive with their fog lights on.
flashing lights on the front of cycles have been proved many times over to alert drivers and save lives,

Use both - the flashing aspect will attract attention and the constant light will allow people to judge speed and distance better as well as providing better illumination on the road ahead.

Use both - the flashing aspect will attract attention and the constant light will allow people to judge speed and distance better as well as providing better illumination on the road ahead.

good point, i will look at what i can do.

good point, i will look at what i can do.

It reads like the one you linked to @ Wiggle might do both ? Difficult to actually determine if it does...

Last edited:
It reads like the one you linked to @ Wiggle might do both ? Difficult to actually determine if it does...

i'm not sure i think it does but to be fir i am not to fussed. our road riding is limited to jumping from trail to trail and would be short hops.

Amen to that, never seen the point of a flashing light unless you're the old bill and its blue..

Amen to that, never seen the point of a flashing light unless you're the old bill and its blue..

thats coz you are zipping along in a massive steel cage surrounded by air bags and all sorts of protection
we cyclists have lycra and a lid so we kind of have to go the extra mile.
the fact you see us is better than not and splat.

seems like flash and flare seem to be the best option so you have a flash which diminishes but doesnt go out more like a strobe effect.

thats coz you are zipping along in a massive steel cage surrounded by air bags and all sorts of protection
we cyclists have lycra and a lid so we kind of have to go the extra mile.
the fact you see us is better than not and splat.

seems like flash and flare seem to be the best option so you have a flash which diminishes but doesnt go out more like a strobe effect.
My Cateye Volt has that sort of mode - they call it "hyperconstant" where there is a steady light with flashes of higher power too. That's my favourite for around town after dark, out on the country lanes I need the steady light to see where I'm going without the distraction of the pulse.

Remember the old Dynamo lights that went out when you were stationary.

Those were the days :D

Cycled as fast as you could and never really got bright
Yes. The modern day hub dynamos, on the other hand, are a world of difference from the old tyre contact ones. They are silent. They work with sensor lights that come on at night or as you enter a tunnel. They are very powerful. And mean you never have to remember to recharge or get batteries for your lights. In fact you can leave them switched on day and night. You never forget dynamo lights at home, and it doesnt matter if you leave them on the bike in my experience. No fiddling about attaching and detaching them in the dark. Basically, for me, it's the zero maintenance, zero effort, zero planning, zero thought solution that I'd highly recommend.
dscf2834.jpg

Last edited:
I have two set of these. I have had them for over 2 years and never had a problem with them. About a dozen of us at work have now got them and all say how great they are. They charge from mobile phone charger etc and last for quite a few hours. Elastic band to secure them to the bike which is great for quick removal. should they ever pack-up I'd happily get some more.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-B...hash=item3ac12522fc:m:mg5AMeXF3-RRXvSPUH7ZQgA

these look identical apart from the alu bezel around the LED's
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-zecto-drive-front-light-y9/

Last edited:
I have two set of these. I have had them for over 2 years and never had a problem with them. About a dozen of us at work have now got them and all say how great they are. They charge from mobile phone charger etc and last for quite a few hours. Elastic band to secure them to the bike which is great for quick removal. should they ever pack-up I'd happily get some more.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-B...hash=item3ac12522fc:m:mg5AMeXF3-RRXvSPUH7ZQgA

these look identical apart from the alu bezel around the LED's
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-zecto-drive-front-light-y9/

There is a very similar looking unit in Aldi from today according to their website @£9.99.

Back