SUPER MACRO FUJI X-T30

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I'm now a disabled pensioner and trying to keep my hands (& brain !) working.
My Fuji S5800 failed and needed replacing. After a little searching, decided on a X-T30.
Now, I miss the super macro on the S5800, so was looking at how to add to my X.
I didn't realise that lenses were so expensive. I certainly can't afford one on top of the camera. Yep,I do realise I should have searched better.
I.m now seeing adapter rings that I can afford, but don't knoe if they are what I need.
Can someone advise please ?

also: Does anyone have a reasonable S5800 for sale please - other super macro models considered.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

You have got a number of options
Reversing ring/adapter-cheapest method but you loose electronic communication and if your lens does not have an aperture ring I have no idea how you change the aperture.
Raynox adapters -magnification lens with clip on to the front of your existing lens-never used one but people seem to get good results with them.
Extension tubes-( https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/macro-extension-tubes-closeup.htm ) fuji ones are expensive but there are loads on Amazon /Ebay-look for ones that retain communication with the camera. Somewhere ( I have lost the link) there is a table of the magnification of fuji lenses with 11 and 16mm tubes.
Legacy lenses- usually older manual focus lenses used with an adapter-from what I have read cheap and usually good.
Best of luck

I bought the JJC 11 & 16 Extension tubes, and they work really well for the 30 quid they cost.

Back