Workshop Super Natural British Columbia Canada

Name
Gordon Macleod
Edit My Images
No
Admin Edit : Approved

Hi All,

If you have ever wanted to photograph the different species of British Columbia, please have a look at the trips I have planned, I have guided groups to British Columbia from the UK for many years and have carefully set out tours to cover as many species at peak times with enough time to enjoy the stunning scenery in this part of the world I have used almost every wildlife guide company in setting out these tours as not all are suitable for photography, and I will always only use the best that are fully insured, Transport Canada approved licensed guides.

All trips make for the perfect holiday for Photographers and non photographers.

Super Natural British Columbia

https://youtu.be/dNFrZNjs2ng

Okanagan to Vancouver Island
June 2nd-14th

The first trip is the longest at 12 days as it is the only trip to include two days in the Interior of British Columbia with Avocet tours guiding us to bird species that are only found in this area of Canada.

June 2nd. Direct flight for London Gatwick to Calgary followed by a one hour scenic flight over the Rockies to Kelowna.
June 3rd. A full day guided by Avocet tours in the Interior of British Columbia.
June 4th. A day of Osprey and Humming bird Photography in the Okanagan Valley.
June 5th. A relaxing drive through the Fraser Valley to catch the ferry to the beautiful city of Victoria on Vancouver Island. ( this is one of the most scenic drives in British Columbia with stunning landscape that changes as we drive to the coast.
June 6th. A fully guided morning and evening sunset trip to photograph Sea Lions, Humpback Whales and the resident Pod of Orca's, these Orca's are fish eating and stay around Vancouver Island all year round, we may in counter Migratory Orca's as they travel past Vancouver Island and stop to feed during the summer months.
http://bcwhalewatchingtours.com/
June 6th, A fully guided morning on the water to again Photograph the Humpback Whales and Orca's ect, before a drive and overnight stay at Telelgraph Cove.
June 7th. A full 10 hr trip to photography Grizzly Bears with Tide Rip tours, http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tide+rip+tours#view=detail&mid=6087EF01ACF703EA636C6087EF01ACF703EA636C
June 8 is our second full guided day with Tide rip adventures to Photograph Grizzly bears.
June 9th, A days drive to Tofino on the other side of Vancouver Island, with a stop to photograph the coastal birds at Willow point at Campbell river.
June 10th A day on the water with Marine west to photograph Black Bears turning over stone on the shoreline, the females should have cubs with them at this time of year.
June 11th. Our last trip of the Tour which is on the water with Marine west to Photograph Black bears and Sea Otters.
June 12th. A coastal drive to the ferry and onto Vancouver City.
June 13th. A day to explore Vancouver City.
June 14th Return direct flight from Vancouver to London.
Please note that most trips apart from the rip tide tours are 4hr boat trips which gives you time to explore the areas we visit, and free time to see this beautiful of this part of the world.
I have visited Canada from Coast to Coast and I still have not found anywhere as stunning as the West Coast and Interior of British Columbia, this tour is for 12 days, but it is easy to book a 14 day holiday and enjoy Vancouver City and the area's around it after the tour.

Total Cost of the Tour £2,700 per person ( single supplement £600.00)

This is a small group tour with a Max of 5 Photographers.

What's included.
Airport Transfers
All Transport
Hotel Accommodation for the duration of the Tour.
All Guided trips with transport Canada approved and insured boats, using the best wildlife guides.

What's not included.
Direct return flights to Calgary returning via Vancouver and the one hour flight to Kelowna
currently around £600.00 per person.
Meals
Items of a personal nature and gratuities .

The current pound exchange rate is at a three year high against the Canadian dollar making it a great time to tour this beautiful part of the world.

Trip 2 Super Natural Vancouver Island
August 26- September 5th

Day 1. Direct flight from London to Vancouver with an afternoon ferry crossing to Victoria on Vancouver Island (ferry crossing is around two and a half hours)

Day 2. A fully guided morning and evening sunset trip to photograph Sea Lions, Humpback Whales and the resident Pod of Orca's, these Orca's are fish eating and stay around Vancouver Island all year round, we may in counter Migratory Orca's as they travel past Vancouver Island and stop to feed during the summer months.
http://bcwhalewatchingtours.com/
Day 3 , A fully guided morning on the water to again Photograph the Humpback Whales and Orca's ect, before a drive and overnight stay at Telelgraph Cove.
Day 4 . A full 10 hr trip to photography Grizzly Bears with Tide Rip tours, http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tide+rip+tours#view=detail&mid=6087EF01ACF703EA636C6087EF01ACF703EA636C
Day 4 is our second full guided day with Tide rip adventures to Photograph Grizzly bears.
Day 5. A days drive to Tofino on the other side of Vancouver Island, with a stop to photograph the coastal birds at Willow point at Campbell river.
Day 6 A day on the water with Marine west to photograph Black Bears turning over stone on the shoreline, the females should have cubs with them at this time of year.
Day 7. Our last trip of the Tour which is on the water with Marine west to Photograph Black bears and Sea Otters.
Day 8. A coastal drive to the ferry and onto Vancouver City.
Day 9 . A day to explore Vancouver City.
Day 10. Return direct afternoon/evening flight from Vancouver to London arriving in the morning of day 11.
Please note that most trips apart from the rip tide tours are 4hr boat trips which gives you free time to explore the areas we visit, and time to see this beautiful of this part of the world.
Cost of the tour. £2,300 per person (single supplement £500.00)
This is a small group tour with a Max of 5 people.
What's included.

Airport Transfers
All Transport costs and return ferry crossing fee ( Mini Van with me as driver/Guide)
All Guided trips with transport Canada approved and insured boats, using the best wildlife guides.
What's not included.
Direct return flights to Vancouver, (around £500.00 at present)
Meals

Bald Eagles and Raptors of British Columbia
November 17-24

A one week Bald Eagle and Raptor tour of the Fraser Valley and wildlife reserves around Vancouver to coincide with the return of the Bald Eagles in huge numbers.
https://youtu.be/dI-IcN1OP0M

Day One Direct flights to Vancouver with a 4 hour drive to Chilliwack on the edge of the Fraser Valley with three nights at the Coast Hotel Chilliwack.
Day Two. A full day using a Jet Boat to access the gravel bars on the Fraser and Harrison Rivers with Transport Canada Insured Guide.
Day Three A full day using a Jet Boat to access the gravel bars on the Fraser and Harrison Rivers with Transport Canada Insured Guide.
Day four. A morning on the river to again photograph Bald Eagles, before an Afternoon drive to Vancouver with an Overnight in Vancouver.
Day five and six . A tour of Boundary Bay and George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary with overnight stays in Vancouver.
Boundary Bay
As a major preserve for migratory birds, Boundary Bay encompasses the Fraser River Estuary and the Georgia Strait-Puget Sound where ecosystems support more than 333 species of birds, some rare and endangered. It is a hub of ornithological activity, particularly in May and June and its ecology is under a co-operative stewardship between Blaine,SurreyandWhite Rock.
Eagles, Hawks & Owls
The dykes, particularly along Boundary Bay at the foot of 64th and 72nd streets are great places to view eagles, hawks and owls.
Delta Nature Reserve
Raptors also nest in the Delta Nature Reserve at Burns Bog, along with some 150 bird species; a large rookery in Tsawwassen means that blue herons are numerous along Delta's shoreline; and come November, the arrival of thousands of Wrangel Island snow geese in November is always cause for celebration.

Cost of the tour. £1,800 per person (single supplement £300.00)
What's included.

Airport Transfers
All Transport costs
What's not included.
Direct return flights to Vancouver, (around £600.00 at present)
Meals
These trips are subject to change depending on up to date wildlife reports or in the unlikely event of bad weather
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to book one of the Wildlife tours or if you would like anymore information.

Thanks Gordon.
Speycaster1@hotmail.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/Aviemore-Ospreys-443194042407751/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Just finished the details of the first of two trips to British Columbia for 2017, not for the faint-hearted Grizzlies and Black Bears, covering to many species to mention, max 4 photographers, only one spot left for the first trip and i haven't even posted it out to my mailing list.
For more details on the trips please drop me an e mail at speycaster1@hotmail.co.uk.
Thanks Gordon.
https://en-gb.facebook.com/Aviemore-Ospreys-443194042407751/

Back