Super slim moon and a couple of planets

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really pleased with this... It's come out just how I wanted it... First time I've seen the moon only 1 day after new, and Venus and Mercury were nearby with added redness (maybe a bit of ash up there ;))..

Mercury is a tiny, and not very bright spot, about 25% along the line between the moon and Venus (the bright spot) from the moon end.

Click for full size

Last edited:
Cracking shot....I saw 4 planets until I realised 2 were dust on my laptop.

Thanks all. I've turned the pic into a clickable link to a bigger version.

Love it John, the colour works well vith it (y)

Cheers Stuart (y)

nice shot.

Wanted to do one similar myself, new cresent with just one bright star beneath it.

Thanks (y)

nice shot.

Wanted to do one similar myself, new cresent with just one bright star beneath it.

You mean a bit like this one ?

IMG_3260.jpg

The star is actually Venus.

Was sat in the office at work last night admiring the scene that you've posted here, well captured.

Great shot. (y)
Saw that same scene tonight but didn't have my camera with me either. I Didn't see Mercury though, probably too much light pollution where I live.

Thanks very much everyone.

Daisey, Mercury was impossible to see, without using some form of aid (I was using my 15x70 binoculars to see it). It came out nicely on the camera though. It's in the wrong part of it's orbit at the moment, and was really faint.

Hi John, that's an excellent capture, we we're admiring it too on the 15th, I wasn't able to get a photo of it, but was asked by my daughters school if I could try, could i have your permission to pass this image onto them please.
Thanks Kevin :)

Thanks Kevin

Thank you

Cheers Dan

Back