Superb day at Croft BSB

Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day at Croft BSB round.
It was the first time I'd seen bike racing at Croft - superb day and great racing!
CroftBSBDSC_0051-01x.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0058-01x.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0032-01x.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0094-01x.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0101-01x.jpg

Still going through my pics, so I'll probably bore you all with more later.

Rich

All of these really are super pics Rich ... :clap: ... and 80% with Green too what more could a punter ask for ... :D ... (y)

:p

The best one is the last one. Knee / Ground = good. Presumably they aren't allowed to put metal plates in the pads to create huge showers of sparks. Pity.

SOme nice shots there mate, i did both days, my first visit to the track so spent alot of Saturday walking the circuit. Where these taken on the little bend/straight heading to the hairpin?

I got back 1am this morning ill have a few up later.

The best one is the last one. Knee / Ground = good. Presumably they aren't allowed to put metal plates in the pads to create huge showers of sparks. Pity.

There are, but not the massive sparking titinium (sp) ones that made all the sparks of yester year,

Oh p. you wouldnt have any of the Superstock Cup boys? number 9 Bryan Campbell, or 61 Norman Brunton?

Go for it :D Nice set and the last is the best for me (y)

Nice shots as always rick :) Only wee niggle to me is they seem a tad too saturated but more so the shots where the riders have green on.

Yesterday 20:39
RickMezza

Rich

Not boring what so ever mate, very nice shots keep them coming (y)

Thanks for the comment everyone.

Mobilevirgin - as RussDaz said, they can have small sparkies, but the sparks weren't great and the guy (#17) was throwing a few up, but only in the crap shots I took :bang:.

RussDaz - yes I was on that corner for most of the day. What a great place for photos. I'd only been to Croft once before - to watch rallycross - and this part of the circuit was not used on that day, so it was a revelation how good it was. Recommended.
Look forward to seeing yours (y)

Ally - I see what you mean about the colour. The green of the Stobart Hondas was really difficult to capture I thought, as was the orange on the HM Plant Hondas - I dunno why :shrug:

Just gonna see if I have any more decent ones :)

I must have walked past you then mate, as i started off one corner down then walked past your corner, thinking that be a good place if there werent someone there lol, then onto the chicance. At the end of the Stock cup warmup i shot around to the motorcross sections, and explored up to tower, and the infield section..

There was some dodgy light at times that would confuse the camera's metering, (well my 30d anyway) that why i tend to switch to manual. Mind you saying that the 30d wont always focus the way i want with of center subjects, so a relief to have full time manual focus over ride.

I must have walked past you then mate, as i started off one corner down then walked past your corner, thinking that be a good place if there werent someone there lol, then onto the chicance. At the end of the Stock cup warmup i shot around to the motorcross sections, and explored up to tower, and the infield section..

Yes that corner was pretty packed wasn't it.

There was some dodgy light at times that would confuse the camera's metering, (well my 30d anyway) that why i tend to switch to manual. Mind you saying that the 30d wont always focus the way i want with of center subjects, so a relief to have full time manual focus over ride.

That'll do me.....I'll blame it on the light then :D:D:D
Seriously though, it did fool my camera on some shots and I had to adjust the WB in Rawshooter more than usual when I got home.

p.s. some fab shots in your post :clap:

Here's a few more that I took.

Kiyonari (double winner)

CroftBSBDSC_0171-01y.jpg

Tom Sykes (what a weekend he had, and he's a yorkshireman! :banana:)
CroftBSBDSC_0177-01y.jpg

Sykes, Crutchlow and Haslam
CroftBSBDSC_0196-01y.jpg

Kiyonari (liked the fact I got the press 'tog in the frame, top right - taking the same shot as me but from a different angle )
CroftBSBDSC_0192-01y.jpg

Couple of riders dicing for position
CroftBSBDSC_0137-01y.jpg

Flame on !!!
CroftBSBDSC_0204-01y.jpg

Rider from R6 Cup

CroftBSBDSC_0071-01y.jpg

Ducati - I know its not in perfect focus, but I kinda liked the effect
CroftBSBDSC_0123-01y.jpg

Lavilla, knee down
CroftBSBDSC_0200-01y.jpg

Hope you like 'em. Some of the most satisfying bike shots I've taken, so I'm pleased with the day.

Rich

Thanks for the comments everyone. (y)

Here's a few of the folk around the track and in the pits

Even the Pro's do it hehehe !

CroftBSBDSC_0165-01z.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0227-01.jpg

CroftBSBDSC_0224-01z.jpg

Tut Tut Tut :nono:Where's you protective gear darling? :D
CroftBSBDSC_0237-01z.jpg

And finally the lovely Stacey :love:, promotions girl for THR RACING (rider = Tristan Palmer). She asked if I posted pics anywhere on the web, so I mentioned this website.
CroftBSBDSC_0243-01z.jpg

Rich

:naughty: nice angles there buddy you hace worked them well .
i tried some behind the bike " as they ride away from you" shots myself but know where near what you have here..
nice and sharp.
good panning. looking at what ive seen im glad i was not there to much of a high standard for my liking(y)

Just excellent all - thanks for sharing. If I had to pick a fave its the Kiyonari one.

Back