Superbikes from a wet Oulton Park

what a difference the sun makes. Nice set but #4 looks a bit soft compared to the rest?

Err yeah id go with that seeing it again now after some sleep, it didnt look that soft this morning, after a 5hr drive back and full of caffine lol.

But tbh i am really impressed with the way the 400mm performed in that spot, light very poor, had to track the bike past a tree and 2 press togs, who at the time where just standing around in the way talking.

Time to dig the rest now.

A couple of different types.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

And well done Norman Brunton, pictured here taking the lead back in the race, he went on to win and now leads the Superstock Cup.

Hosted on Fotki

I'l post a reminder when all the pics are over the next few days, but any C&C welcome.

Some good hits there!

I admit though I am not a fan of shots that loose the "6x4" proportions. They have their place in publishing, but not as a standalone photo.

Thanks, its publishing where i am aim to go, most are only cropped slightly if at all, mainly due to obstacles getting in the way.

(y)
nice set mate
glad we went on the sat looking at some of them from sun..
(y) nice to meet you see you again..(y)

(y)
nice set mate
glad we went on the sat looking at some of them from sun..
(y) nice to meet you see you again..(y)

Yeah was nice to guys, and interesting to see othrs takes on the same corners, saturday was by far the best photography, place was ramedyou could move during any racing cuz you'd never find another spot.

ill get the rist tomorrow lost my net this afternoon :shake:

Very good set indeed. Im off to see these boys at mallory park this weekend. any tips?

Dont think i'll be there for Mallory might be BTCC Snetterton shall see.

I havent been before so cant reconomend any corners there, how ever look for striaghts with crests as they inevitable pull wheelies over the them, or corners with max lean, and then try to get an angle to best demostart the lean/skill etc. i.e hanging of the bike etc.

Settings wise i go manual set the shutter to the speed to get the feeling of the speed i want, the rest is a compromise to gain exposure.

Bike the target up as soon as poss then track behond the target spot.

Thats all i do. Most importantly enjoy the specticle i love the BSB, the best most sport action in the county

Dont think i'll be there for Mallory might be BTCC Snetterton shall see.

I havent been before so cant reconomend any corners there, how ever look for striaghts with crests as they inevitable pull wheelies over the them, or corners with max lean, and then try to get an angle to best demostart the lean/skill etc. i.e hanging of the bike etc.

Settings wise i go manual set the shutter to the speed to get the feeling of the speed i want, the rest is a compromise to gain exposure.

Bike the target up as soon as poss then track behond the target spot.

Thats all i do. Most importantly enjoy the specticle i love the BSB, the best most sport action in the county

Thanks very much,i will bear all that in mind when i get there :)

Nice shots again Russ. Kyonari (sp) in-the-rain shot stands out for me. Where were these taken from?
I'll finish off processing mine this evening and post a few. As has been said - what a difference the sun makes!

Thanks guys, i was tad disapointed with some of the results this weekend

Nice shots again Russ. Kyonari (sp) in-the-rain shot stands out for me. Where were these taken from?
I'll finish off processing mine this evening and post a few. As has been said - what a difference the sun makes!

Post 1 shot 1 exit of Old hall

shot 2 the chicane after Shell oils corner

shot 3 Clay hill i think its called

shots 4&5 exit of Druids

Post 2 shots 1, 2, 3 are all fron the first chicane, just different angles.

shot 4 exit of old hall.

P.s its Ryuichi Kiyonari (y) he tip off in the second race quite heavily, but kept the throttle open throught then tried to re join before been stopped by the marshells, as the bike was to badly damaged.

Number 3 in the rain looks great(y)

nice to meet you on saturday mate(y)

#3 is my fav, all good though (y)

Back