Superbikes 'Full throttle action'

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
One of my favourite subjects is 'Superbike racing' and the BSB season will kick off at Brands in the near future......hope to get some more action shots like these........Cheers Barry

IMG_1191-1.jpg

IMG_2844_copy-1.jpg

61_Leon_Haslam.jpg

IMG_5704_copy.jpg

IMG_2964_copy.jpg

Leon_Haslam.jpg

IMG_6325_copy.jpg

IMG_5550_copy.jpg

excellent photo,s. what set up do you use?
how do you get close enough to the axction in these events to get these shots, i'm a bike fanatic and would love to get into this,
Martyn

Excellent series, great panning work (y)

Hi Baz.

Excellent shots (of a GR4, well according to exif anyway :LOL:).
This is something else I've got pencilled for this year, as well as holidays, lowfly, airshows, touring cars etc etc :woot:.
Think I should tell the wife :nono:.

Steve...

some great shots in there, welcome :)

All superb shots (y) Some pin sharp panning shots :clap:

Hi Guy's Yes these were taken with the Canon 350D and Sigma 80-400OS APO DG....all except #7 (75-300).
Liberalis......how's it going.....still like to visit the TT.....maybe one day.
The superbikes are at Brands Hatch beginning of April so that will be a good event to start the season.
There racing on the full GP circuit so there plenty of good Photography locations around the course........look forward to seeing some shots here at TP.......Cheers Bazza

Fantastic shots there Bazza :clap: Really like no4 purely for the flame out, well captured (y) No1 is my fav though, well caught, great focus and detail but with a good sense of speed.

WOW... these just prove once again that you dont need to spend £1,000s on L glass and 1series cameras to get great motorsport shots.

Thanks Andy and Darryn.....the Sigma 80-400 is not really the first choice lens for most Motorsports enthusiasts basically because the Auto focus is a tad slow.......I have adapted my technique to compensate for it and it seems to work very well.
I do miss the odd shot when I try and take a burst of quick shots......but I tend to space my shots to allow the A/F to re-focus the subject.
I have used the Canon 100-400IS and the focus and the IS is faster than the sigma......I purchased the Sigma 'Used' and got a good deal....I happy to use it.......if I was a pro i'd have to get a much faster lens.......Cheers Barry

nice set there mate.:clap:

might see you at one of the bsb rounds...:naughty:

md(y)

tfs

flippin amazing!
love the one with the flames. i love bikes. my uncles has a zx 6r and a zx 12r
maybe i could take some shots of him :) you have inspired me :)

#4 is amazing with the flames! Great set! I think I will try and get along to more racing events this year with my new gear. I only have a 55-200 lens though so might have to find a Canon 100-400 L for very cheap :LOL: or something almost as good.

I went to the Renault World Series last year and it was a great weekend and best of all it was FREE!

:canon:

Number 2 for me. Great shots, very well done.
I am going to try to get to Brands this year for one of the bike events. Only hope I can something close to these shots quality

Thanks everyone.......The Brands GP circuit has some good photography locations.....Surtees is very good.....nice clear view of the riders and you don't need a really long lens there.Hawthorns on the GP track is another good area with unrestricted views....Westfield Bend and the run down to Dingle Dell can also give some good shots.......and the exit of Stirlings can also be a good place......you have to take note of the position of the sun (if its not raining!) through the day......choose a location were the sun is at a good angle.
Sasscotty:A well practiced panning technique is vital for fast subjects like superbikes, but you have to combine that with a workable shutter speed........I shoot around 320th sec up to 500th dependng on the location Im shooting and how fast the bikes are going at that point........IR Servo focus does help alot with this subject...just holding the focus on the subject whilst shooting.......I think the first event is on the 6th April Weekend...so for all those who are going shooting 'Superbikes' good luck.......Cheers Barry

Nice one, love BSB, will be at a few rounds this year, two Kendal brothers are racing Dean and James Ellison so will be shouting out for them.
If you all want some good practice with bikes look out for some club racing, non stop action, cheap gates and small crowds.
I raced a Ducati for part of last years season in the Desmo Due series hosted by New Era and the club racers love having their pics taken, especially sliding down the track on their ass :)
Great shots there Barry, if a little plan I have pays off I may be at Brands, although it took nigh on 8 hours last time I went :eek:

fantastic shots, excellebt panning and pin sharp

love the steve plater flames, 1 & 2 are my favourites

(y) Awesome Bazza and nice to see you on here..the username threw me for a minute..;) No mistaking your bike shots though they are superb!

Thanks Stan,Inaneredstripe,dseered,wookey,stuart,306dean and kev-Mk3...........yes im looking forward to some good superbike action this year and I may meet up with some of you guys at Brands..........dseered...long round trip mate they also have a BSB round at croft which would be alot closer for you and its a good curcuit aswell........thanks 306dean I didn't realise the WSBK was starting this week...thanks for the heads up....I'll check it out over the weekend.....thanks for looking and commenting........Cheers Barry

dseered...long round trip mate they also have a BSB round at croft which would be alot closer for you and its a good curcuit aswell.

Have done a few Trackdays at Croft, its only an hour up the road, normally go on the Saturday for BSB though as it is alot less crowded :)
Never been to BSB at Brands, it was my first race last year so was there from the Thursday night for Trackday Friday, drink and Fettle Saturday, race Sunday and drive home !

Back