Supercharged E46 BMW

Name
Paddy McGrath
Edit My Images
Yes
I shot these back in April for a UK tuning magazine. I really enjoy shooting white cars but I still feel I've along way to go before I'm even remotely happy with my feature work. It just feels sort of stale and predictable ?

Anyways, please leave some C&C as it's much needed and appreciated !

4815548550_8ebd21f2ec_o.jpg

4815552508_184ec6f794_o.jpg

4814931355_cc9bd3380f_o.jpg

4815551036_d8ef533065_o.jpg

4815551182_5aac697e6b_o.jpg

4814931167_5256e8b8d6_o.jpg

Me likey! No.3 & 6 really stand out for me, I think the background really goes well with the colour of the car(y)

You say stale and predictable, I say clean and consistent. No concerns about ultimate IQ or suitability for publication but a couple of nitpicky crit points:

1) I'd expect to be able to read the text on the side window. Maybe it's a web resize/ sharpness issue or maybe the sticker itself is not that clear?

2) Permits in the windscreen. Also, not sure you got the most from your polariser on the glass.

3) Like the setting but the presentation makes it look like the car's dropped in - I'm putting it down to the lighting/ lack of shadows on/ around the O/S/R wheel. The white window frame bothered me at first glance but it's all good now.

4) Interesting abstract, I always have trouble comping details like this but you've set up a nice shot. Wants a little more DoF though, even at this size.

5) As above really, definitely needs more DoF - this car is lots about its engine, right? Think image size is losing some of the detail here, but there's nowt wrong with the light. Maybe a small black shroud handheld above the engine could have given you better clarity on the oil filler cap (I carry a black polystyrene pizza base to help eliminate unwanted reflections on shots like this).

6) Ground toning through car windows? Headlights look neutral coloured in this shot compared to slight tungsten yellow in #2. Loving the limited motion that's retained the detail in the setting.

Started off thinking you might have exposure blended these but not so sure now.

what a beautiful car, the pics are really nice too, the only one that i dont think is as good is number 2, i think i just needed to be on a darker background or taken slightly higher up so that the dark piece isnt on show at the back

It looks blown,

see what I said there! :LOL:

Hey Paddy,

I think the reason they look stale and predictable is purely down to the location, it's really boring. The lighting, composition etc are all fine.

i like them all especially number 6 thats a minter.can i ask how u get that cool effect on the image is it de-saturated.thinking of doing a few car shots this week with my mates r32 but they turn out plain.these look so cool and professional (y) from me

Back