Supernova

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
4949669970_176f6f3cba_b.jpg

Stopped off at the darkest place I could find yesterday and tried to capture the night sky and this is what I ended up with. I wanted to try some astro stuff but didn't really know what I was doing. Comments and crit welcome!

very posterish, I like that a lot :) Have you added the stars in or was it like that?

very posterish, I like that a lot :) Have you added the stars in or was it like that?

nah, I didn't add the stars but had to do some minor post processing to bring them out a bit more.

There's something lovely and 'clean' about this image. It seems like the air would be really cold but fresh... I love pictures that make me think of things like that and this one is no exception.

P

Really liking that shot.
The only thing that I would change would be to have a bit more of the water with the reflection in the compsoition. Not necessarily all the way up to the first horizontal 3rd, but certainly needs to have more of a presence (IMHO of course).
Still, a very nice capture.

Thanks for the comments peeps!

Really liking that shot.
The only thing that I would change would be to have a bit more of the water with the reflection in the compsoition. Not necessarily all the way up to the first horizontal 3rd, but certainly needs to have more of a presence (IMHO of course).
Still, a very nice capture.

I agree with you but it wasn't possible due to the location. I couldn't get closer to the edge as there was a road in between me and the bushes. I suppose I could've stood on top of my car to get a better view but I didn't want to do that :bonk:

Agree with dod about poster look. Could see this as a magazine cover background for the text.

i really like this. i've often enjoyed gazing at the night sky at the end of a tiring day when i've been on exercise or in iraq, it's really peaceful. mind if i get it printed onto canvas and stick it on my bedroom wall? i'll have some great nights' sleep then!

I really like this (y) Very atmospheric and as people have been saying it would make a great magazine cover even wrapping around to the back!

I like this, the foreground works really well and the bright moon doesn't seem to bother me.

(y)

Back