Surface Book / Surface Book 2 - Any users with feedback?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Currently looking to replace my laptop and I really like the look of the Surface Book series, I've played with one briefly but was wondering if there are any owners here with feedback based on day-to-day usage?

Cheers,

Neil

I have one on my desk as the IT contract I am currently working on has a very large installed base of them and I say so so, at the end of the day it is squuezzing a lot in a small compact package at a premium price, the screen is quite good but its small, the detachable keyboard is again ok for occasional use but poor for long term use. I mainly use it for testing group policy changes. If you are travelling a lot and need ultra compact then yes but me personally I would have a nice ultra book with a slightly larger screen. Also I don't think you can upgrade anything in them like ram

I have one on my desk as the IT contract I am currently working on has a very large installed base of them and I say so so, at the end of the day it is squuezzing a lot in a small compact package at a premium price, the screen is quite good but its small, the detachable keyboard is again ok for occasional use but poor for long term use. I mainly use it for testing group policy changes. If you are travelling a lot and need ultra compact then yes but me personally I would have a nice ultra book with a slightly larger screen. Also I don't think you can upgrade anything in them like ram

I prefer the small screen to be fair when mobile, and usually have my device docked in the office to 2 x 27" Ultrasharps, the memory had me a little on edge though, upgrade to 16gb isn't exactly cheap!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :)

I use one most days (i7 16gb gen 1), can't really fault it tbh and the "go ram" does seem to make it perform better than others with same ram amount, in fact at least one prog that baulked on install due to insufficient ram in an xps happily installed on same spec surface....
Saying that I do also run a 15 xps for the times a larger screen is needed.

Also the colour gamut is slightly better on the newer xps's but the utility of screen removal and stylus etc always pushes me back to the surface. There is soon to be an xps15 2in1 though which may cloud the issue further.....

Back