Surface Pro 6 with LR

Edit My Images
No
Hi
Anyone have any first hand experience of using this device principally for LR editing?
Any issues/Recommendations?
Any comments re touch screen use/scrolling?
Ideally, I'd love to hear from someone who has experience of using both this and an Ipad pro but I'm guessing such people are few and far between!!
Thanks

Ps I originally posted this question in the Computers thread but didn't receive any respones, so I hope no one minds me reposting it here.
I am still in a quandry over whether to go the Ipad Pro or Surface Pro route for editing/culling when away from the desktop PC. I'm happy to spend the money - I just don't want to spend and make a mistake!

I've been looking at both recently too, and I suppose it depends what you want the device for. If you're primarily looking for something as a second computer to do actual work & photo editing on, then go for the Surface Pro. If you're after a nice tablet for general media consumption, web browsing and occasional light photo editing then go for the iPad. Reading all the reviews and watching lots of YouTube videos on each, the Surface is a terrible tablet but a very good portable PC, and the iPad Pro is an incredible tablet but nowhere near a laptop replacement yet.

I love the idea of the Surface Pro, but I still don't think they're quite there yet, and the models with enough storage and power to be your primary computer are hugely expensive.

Last edited:
Well i have a Surface Pro 4 (i'm actually typing this on it) - mine has an Intel Core I5-6300U running at 2.4 ghz, with 8 gb ram and a 256 gb SSD (with an extra 128 gb via the Micro SD storage slot), and obviously whist not as quick as my 2018 15" MBP with it's latest generation 6 core processors, it runs LR and Photoshop just fine. In fact in addition to the Adobe CC suite the SP4 also has loaded and runs DXO Photolab 2 and Capture One 12 for Fujifilm, and again all run just fine.

I use these for processing 20mp files (raw) from my MFT cameras as well as the 20mp Nikon D500 and 24mp Fuji XH1 raw files and all process beautifully. Not sure how it would deal with the latest generation 45+mp bodies, as i've never tried it, but i guess it would still work - just a bit slower.

I've also got the SP dock for it hocked up to monitors at home, so in an instant it can be docked and using the bigger screens. For me, they can most certainly be desktop replacements (assume you don't go for entry spec), and better for the full apps like LR, PS, CO etc than an Ipad pro. Oh, and the screen is simply gorgeous to (very retina like, and they come with the pen (which i still think are optional on Ipad Pro's ?)

Just for proof, here's my SP4 now running LR

Last edited:
I am still in a quandry over whether to go the Ipad Pro or Surface Pro route for editing/culling when away from the desktop PC. I'm happy to spend the money - I just don't want to spend and make a mistake!

You can replace a desktop with a Surface Pro, especially if you get the dock but do consider the performance is like a decent laptop rather than a high end desktop and your timing isn't great as you've just missed out on the Black Friday discounts which were pretty damn good for the Surface Pro (especially so if you want the 256GB model).

I don't think there's much to be gained from choosing between the Surface and iPad as even though they're marketed as desktop replacements only the Surface does this properly. That's not to say the iPad is bad, it's best in class as a tablet but thanks to its OS design you have to work harder to do the same things you'd do on a desktop.

So perhaps it might be best if you carefully think about what you actually do currently and how well that would translate to a different device, if you spend most of your time in a single program and not much work between others then sure that sounds like a good match for an iPad but if you spend a lot of time between programs, using a lot of accessories etc then the iPad means you're going to be spending a lot of time working around its limitations.

Things I like about the Surface Pro
  • Great Screen (but then so do Ipads)
  • Much smaller and lighter (therefore more portable) than my MPB (but then the ipad is even smaller)
  • Has a full sized USB 3 Port
  • Has a dock port which makes it a true desktop replacement, which also adds 3 further USB ports and a Gigalan Ethernet port as well as a mini display port.
  • Expandable memory (via the MicroSD card slot).
  • Comes with the pen not as an expensive option
  • Runs Windows 10 (which is actually pretty good) meaning the full applications not IOS "Lite" ones.
  • Love the kickstand when using it as a tablet and it's amazing variety of angles.
  • Face recognition for log in (really quick) - I'm not sure if the newer Ipad Pro's now have this also?
  • Can be used like an Ipad as a tablet, or simply fold out the keyboard and it's a laptop (much the same as the Ipad Pro's)

Things not as great
  • Battery life is so-so, about 4 hours or so (less with intensive image processing), and therefore no where near as good as the 10 hours or so with an Ipad Pro.
  • The Core i5 and above have fans, so when the unit is maxed out, you do hear the fan running, something you don't on a Ipad with it's fan-less design.
  • As Simon commented above, due to the slim form factor and therefore limited space and cooling, you will only ever get laptop performance. Certainly no where near as powerful as a dedicated Desktop with a dedicated graphics card.
  • Can be quite expensive as you add option and specs (much more than an Ipad).
  • On-board intel graphics are OK but nothing to write home about.

Last edited:
I've been looking at both recently too, and I suppose it depends what you want the device for. If you're primarily looking for something as a second computer to do actual work & photo editing on, then go for the Surface Pro. If you're after a nice tablet for general media consumption, web browsing and occasional light photo editing then go for the iPad. Reading all the reviews and watching lots of YouTube videos on each, the Surface is a terrible tablet but a very good portable PC, and the iPad Pro is an incredible tablet but nowhere near a laptop replacement yet.

I love the idea of the Surface Pro, but I still don't think they're quite there yet, and the models with enough storage and power to be your primary computer are hugely expensive.
Thanks Richard. like you, I've spent far too long checking out videos, handling the devices in shops, etc and I am getting frustrated that I don't seem to be able to commit. Don't seem to have this issue with camera kit!!

Well i have a Surface Pro 4 (i'm actually typing this on it) - mine has an Intel Core I5-6300U running at 2.4 ghz, with 8 gb ram and a 256 gb SSD (with an extra 128 gb via the Micro SD storage slot), and obviously whist not as quick as my 2018 15" MBP with it's latest generation 6 core processors, it runs LR and Photoshop just fine. In fact in addition to the Adobe CC suite the SP4 also has loaded and runs DXO Photolab 2 and Capture One 12 for Fujifilm, and again all run just fine.

I use these for processing 20mp files (raw) from my MFT cameras as well as the 20mp Nikon D500 and 24mp Fuji XH1 raw files and all process beautifully. Not sure how it would deal with the latest generation 45+mp bodies, as i've never tried it, but i guess it would still work - just a bit slower.

I've also got the SP dock for it hocked up to monitors at home, so in an instant it can be docked and using the bigger screens. For me, they can most certainly be desktop replacements (assume you don't go for entry spec), and better for the full apps like LR, PS, CO etc than an Ipad pro. Oh, and the screen is simply gorgeous to (very retina like, and they come with the pen (which i still think are optional on Ipad Pro's ?)
Thanks, Andrew. Intterested to read your views about the screen which some people appear to describe as "laggy"??? amongst other things. That's clearly not your experience.

You can replace a desktop with a Surface Pro, especially if you get the dock but do consider the performance is like a decent laptop rather than a high end desktop and your timing isn't great as you've just missed out on the Black Friday discounts which were pretty damn good for the Surface Pro (especially so if you want the 256GB model).

I don't think there's much to be gained from choosing between the Surface and iPad as even though they're marketed as desktop replacements only the Surface does this properly. That's not to say the iPad is bad, it's best in class as a tablet but thanks to its OS design you have to work harder to do the same things you'd do on a desktop.

So perhaps it might be best if you carefully think about what you actually do currently and how well that would translate to a different device, if you spend most of your time in a single program and not much work between others then sure that sounds like a good match for an iPad but if you spend a lot of time between programs, using a lot of accessories etc then the iPad means you're going to be spending a lot of time working around its limitations.
Thanks, Simon. Excellent points raised.
I don't want an IPad Pro or Surface Pro to replace my desktop which will still be my main method for editing images. What I want is a portable device which will allow me to sit in comfort on the sofa and cull/edit images in a more relaxed environment, as and and when the mood takes me. I like the idea of using a pen/pencil which many seem to rate highly. The device will be used mainly in tablet mode with (probably) little use made of the keyboard. The screen quality and smoothness of scrolling is all important. The reason I'm looking at a Windows 10 machine is the ability to run a copy of LR standalone on it. I appreciate that I will then have work around with catalogues but that seems to be the "price" I have to pay for not going the Adobe subscription route. It's all very well "trying out" these devices in a shop but you don't really learn much about what they're like in real life. By the way, I do have an old Ipad (9.7) but because it won't update past IOS 9, I'm unable to try LR mobile and a few other photo centric programs to see how I get on.

Last edited:
Thanks, Andrew. Intterested to read your views about the screen which some people appear to describe as "laggy"??? amongst other things. That's clearly not your experience.

No - certainly not been my experience, seems as responsive as any Ipad I've ever used.

No - certainly not been my experience, seems as responsive as any Ipad I've ever used.
Thanks, Andrew.
Really good to hear this from someone who has used both devices and also run LR on the MS Pro. Of course an added advantage is that with the MS Pro 6 I could start off using LR standalone and if things (or my attitude) change, then I can still go the LR mobile route.
With the Ipad, I have to go LR mobile from day 1 and effectively "scrap" my desktop standalone LR because, as I am led to believe, the catalogues are incompatible.
Thanks again
stuart

Just for proof, here's my SP4 now running LR

How good are they for using on your lap compared to a traditional laptop? I've seen some reviews suggest the kickstand setup actually makes it worse to use on your lap than a standard laptop

Depends on the length of your legs I guess. As the keyboard portion has no strength in the hinge as such (it just snaps on via magnets), it therefore can't support the actual tablet (that's what the kick stand is for), then yes you will need space for the kickstand to pop out. Having said that, one of the good things about the design is that the CPU etc is all in the top part (i.e. the screen part), so when using it on your lap, your legs don't get hot and it offers much better ventilation of the actual tablet than a laptop who's cooling vents are typically on the underside (where your legs are) and can get blocked by cloths, filled with lint etc).

The Core i5 and above have fans, so when the unit is maxed out, you do hear the fan running, something you don't on a Ipad with it's fan-less design.

One minor correction, the i5 on the latest Surface Pro is fanless.

I don't want an IPad Pro or Surface Pro to replace my desktop which will still be my main method for editing images. What I want is a portable device which will allow me to sit in comfort on the sofa and cull/edit images in a more relaxed environment, as and and when the mood takes me. I like the idea of using a pen/pencil which many seem to rate highly. The device will be used mainly in tablet mode with (probably) little use made of the keyboard. The screen quality and smoothness of scrolling is all important. The reason I'm looking at a Windows 10 machine is the ability to run a copy of LR standalone on it. I appreciate that I will then have work around with catalogues but that seems to be the "price" I have to pay for not going the Adobe subscription route. It's all very well "trying out" these devices in a shop but you don't really learn much about what they're like in real life. By the way, I do have an old Ipad (9.7) but because it won't update past IOS 9, I'm unable to try LR mobile and a few other photo centric programs to see how I get on.

Based on that description alone I'd lean towards the iPad then, it is a better tablet, has better pen support etc. Like I tried to say above, when you're doing a specific task the iPad makes a very strong case for itself and its big weakness is something they'll fix eventually as they can't really improve on the hardware given its maturity and that only really leaves software improvements (although don't hold you breath).

No idea which iPad you have (Apple's is strangely bad at naming iPad versions) but I'm assuming it's not a pro and if there isn't a specific thing you need from the latest iPad pro you might want to consider saving half the cost on a used copy, paying full retail for either the Surface or iPad pro feels like much more of a commitment.

I tried CS6 on a surface pro a couple of years ago but the size of the fonts and tools was tiny.....seem to recall it was a software / compatibility issue.....I believe it was fixed in photoshop cc.....just wondered if it was still relevant....particularly to users of older versions of photoshop who might be following this thread........

One minor correction, the i5 on the latest Surface Pro is fanless.

Based on that description alone I'd lean towards the iPad then, it is a better tablet, has better pen support etc. Like I tried to say above, when you're doing a specific task the iPad makes a very strong case for itself and its big weakness is something they'll fix eventually as they can't really improve on the hardware given its maturity and that only really leaves software improvements (although don't hold you breath).

No idea which iPad you have (Apple's is strangely bad at naming iPad versions) but I'm assuming it's not a pro and if there isn't a specific thing you need from the latest iPad pro you might want to consider saving half the cost on a used copy, paying full retail for either the Surface or iPad pro feels like much more of a commitment.
Thanks. I have an IPad (9.7") version 2 or 3. Whichever it is, it won't let me upgrade to IOS 11.
Good suggestion about buying used - I'm watching a few 2nd hand I Pad Pros on the usual auction site but haven't yet been brave enough to commit.

I know it’s not the Surface but I thought as iPads came up in the discussion that I’d throw in what I’ve found so far in using the new 11” iPad Pro - it’s a dream! So, so fast at import and edit. I use Lightroom and Photoshop and for video I’m dabbling with LumaFusion and I couldn’t be happier. The iPad Pro is faster than any laptop I’ve used (and I have a 13” MacBook Pro from last year) and the screen is a real joy to edit on, especially using the new pencil.

I know they aren’t cheap but I’m convinced for the first time that these are really the future. I had a previous Pro that really felt like a tablet but this now, finally, feels like an adult editing beast designed for creatives.

I have the latest iPad Pro gen3 (just sold the gen2) and I also have the 2017 Surface Pro (which I am selling). And a very high end PC. The why will follow shortly.

I use the iPad Pro all the time however it doesn't matter what apple tells you, it cannot and will not ever replace a proper desktop be that on Windows, OSX or Linux. The limits the mobile OS has in place makes it lag behind even the most basic laptop in how versatile it is. I can confirm it is very fast and does a great job but a replacement for a proper PC/Laptop it most certainly is not!

The Surface Pro with the 7th gen m3 is the same speed as the i5 gen 6 bar about 2-4% here and there yet it uses far less power, doesn't require a fan to cool and as such acts like an ipad in that it is silent. All other Surface devices have faster parts with active cooling and can keep up with the best of what Apple or Dell/HP have to offer in the mobile computing departments. How good is it at acting as a full blown system? Its marginally slower than my latest ipad at certain tasks but then again it is marginally faster at others too so its swings and roundabouts all things considered.

Can this Surface Pro handle lightroom etc? Yes it can. For the best like for like comparisons Ill talk about Affinity Photo as I have that on my main PC (my surface too) and my Ipad Pro. This program far better resembles the desktop user interface and options on its mobile platform than anything Adobe has to offer which helps greatly with a comparison. Is the surface up to the job? Yes it is. It is marginally slower than the iPad BUT due to the cataloguing and ease of file management you get on a windows device it actually LOWERs the amount of time required to upload, process, save and arrange files in your ecosystem (devices, NAS, etc) and for that alone it is the better more rounded device. The surface Pro benefits from full fat internet explorer, Chrome, Office programs etc which also make it a far better business tool and a better tool over all. Couple some well thought out accessories such as an 4K monitor, dock, separate KB/Mouse and you have a very powerful and versatile system on your hands that can replace a desktop with ease for office and photo editing requirements (lets not get ahead of our selves with gaming and video editing as that simply isn't going to happen on a Surface pro or an Ipad pro no matter what the marketing BS tells you from Microsoft and Apple). If anyone ever tells you the latest ipad Pro is better than the old one for anything other than its speed, they are simply lying. Its faster but the accessories are the same. The OS and its limitations are the same. Its form factor is the same. It may be slightly lighter but it is essentially the same device in a different set of shoes.

Build quality - Ipad vs Surface
Ipad is cleaner, feels sharper and better put together however it is far more fragile and less user friendly if your a bit of a clumsy sort. The Surface doesn't feel like it will hold up to much but I have seen these things first hand being used and abused in a corporate setting without batting an eye lid. So if durability is a concern you need not worry, the surface is built like a tank.

Accessories - Ipad vs Surface
Ipad has plenty BUT it is still basically a large phone and is very limited. It can screen mirror but wont change aspect ratio, it can have files transferred too and from it but it is clumsy and a tiring task. The surface can have any pendrive, any screen, any printer etc all added to it as it is windows. If it wont physically connect due to connection type then you need not worry as a simple adaptor from USB will do the job or the dockstation will fix it too.

Looking to the future
Ipad - After a few generations Apple will decide your device isn't supported and wont get an OS update. The same actually goes for their laptops! Windows however is windows. It will keep getting updates and replacements for as long as the manufacturers of the chipsets support which tends to be many years and mostly into the 10s of years. Look and windows XP for example, that lasted 14 years!

Using on your lap vs a laptop - If your average height and not fat or tall but fat you will be fine. In otherwords, you need enough leg space to allow the kick stand to rest on your legs and the weight is in the tablet, not the magnetic keyboard. Its no harder to keep on your lap than any laptop really and you wont get and burnt pair of legs either as the heat is help in the air out of the way of your shorts!

Then the why.. Why am I selling the surface pro after saying all of the above?
Its simply really.. I have a ridiculously powerful PC that I do all of my work on and an Ipad Pro for doing basic stuff and watching Netflix when in a hotel etc.

The surface pro can literally do everything my PC can, its just slower so because of that little fact alone it doesn't get used all too much. If I didn't have my PC would I keep it? I certainly would. As I have mentioned, it can do everything my PC can and it can do it well. It just takes a while longer to make changes to video/photos etc but its as easy as you'll ever get given it runs a proper operating system rather than one cut down for mobile applications.

Why would I recommend you purchase?

CPU - m3 or i5 is fine unless your going to be doing proper hard core video editing to which you should look at an i7.

RAM - 4GB -8GB is fine. If your looking at this sort of device, 16GB of ram will be a waste unless you plan on having a huge amount of files open at any given time and if you have you would be better off with the i7 ands 16gb of ram anyway.

Storage - 64GB in my opinion is a waste of time unless you plan on running everything over the cloud. 128GB is perfect for OS and programs. It can store a few hundred raw files and edits too and that should be enough as you really shouldn't be keeping your images on your PC anyway, these should be on a separate storage drive that doesnt get written to or read from all the time like an OS and programs drive or on a NAS or cloud based drive with redundancy in place.

Any questions, feel free to drop a PM or ask here!

Last edited:
I know it’s not the Surface but I thought as iPads came up in the discussion that I’d throw in what I’ve found so far in using the new 11” iPad Pro - it’s a dream! So, so fast at import and edit. I use Lightroom and Photoshop and for video I’m dabbling with LumaFusion and I couldn’t be happier. The iPad Pro is faster than any laptop I’ve used (and I have a 13” MacBook Pro from last year) and the screen is a real joy to edit on, especially using the new pencil.

I know they aren’t cheap but I’m convinced for the first time that these are really the future. I had a previous Pro that really felt like a tablet but this now, finally, feels like an adult editing beast designed for creatives.
Hi Adam. many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Did you contemplate the 12.9" rather than the 11" model. Using LR, do you find there is sufficient space for editing? Am guessing you're using smart previews and then synching back to a desktop?
In your opinion, what would be the principal benefit of a mk3 Ipad Pro over your previous version?
Thanks
Stuart

I have the latest iPad Pro gen3 (just sold the gen2) and I also have the 2017 Surface Pro (which I am selling). And a very high end PC. The why will follow shortly.

I use the iPad Pro all the time however it doesn't matter what apple tells you, it cannot and will not ever replace a proper desktop be that on Windows, OSX or Linux. The limits the mobile OS has in place makes it lag behind even the most basic laptop in how versatile it is. I can confirm it is very fast and does a great job but a replacement for a proper PC/Laptop it most certainly is not!

(text deleted here....................................)

The Surface Pro with the 7th gen m3 is the same speed as the i5 gen 6 bar about 2-4% here and there yet it uses far less power, doesn't require a fan to cool and as such acts like an ipad in that it is silent. All other Surface devices have faster parts with active cooling and can keep up with the best of what Apple or Dell/HP have to offer in the mobile computing departments. How good is it at acting as a full blown system? Its marginally slower than my latest ipad at certain tasks but then again it is marginally faster at others too so its swings and roundabouts all things considered.

Any questions, feel free to drop a PM or ask here!

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply Andrew. Much appreciated.
Do you any editing/culling on the Ipad at all?
If you do and use Affinity, do you have the issue of saving amended RAW files in the "special" Affinity file format which in my limited expereince, can often boost the RAW files size by a factor of 10! Any thoughts on coping with this on a (storage) limited IPAD?
My daughter is (hopefully) going to lend me her v1 Ipad Pro over Xmas to see how I get on with it.
At the end of the day, though, I am not keen to go the Adobe subscription route which principally leaves me with an Ipad Pro and (say) Affinity Photo or a Surface Pro where I could install a 2nd copy of my LR standalone or go the Affinity route (or similar).
Thanks again.

Hi Adam. many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Did you contemplate the 12.9" rather than the 11" model. Using LR, do you find there is sufficient space for editing? Am guessing you're using smart previews and then synching back to a desktop?
In your opinion, what would be the principal benefit of a mk3 Ipad Pro over your previous version?
Thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Yes I am using previews and sync. I am also dabbling with Affinity photo and Designer, which I am very impressed with.

I did consider the 12.9, for quite a while, however as I was going to travel with it I settled on the 11” cellular model with 512gb storage.

The improvements over the previous gen are huge imo - new, flatter design makes it feel much nicer in the hand, the graphics and processor are significantly better (in fact only the 2018 touch at MacBook Pro is faster in Apple’s portable line up), the way that the new Apple Pencil magnetically attaches and charges, the new folio keyboard cover, Face ID.....it all adds up to what is the most seemless Apple experience I have ever had.

It is true that iOS has certain negatives but as long as you spend a bit of time looking for an app/cable that will solve the solution then it’s fine. I think any negatives are completely outweighed by the positives of the system in that it’s fast, always works, has the most robust App Store etc.

I do edit on my iPad here and there. But I couldn't do more than an here and there as it isn't up to the job the same as a proper PC is or a tablet with a proper OS.

Both handle the affinity files that cannot 100mb+

I have the latest iPad...

Can I just say thanks for this post Andrew.

My wife is disabled and we're considering a laptop of some sort as the iPad just isn't cutting the mustard for all the reasons you mention above. Being able to chuck LR on there too would be a large benefit. She can't sit at a desk and has to basically recline all the time, so this would be perfect. Lighter than a laptop too.
I may have to do some research...

Just to add to @Andrew Moore’s excellent post above.

We run Surface Pros at work* and they’re much more robust than a cursory glance might suggest. I don’t run Adobe products on it, but I can confirm it copes admirably with some very complex excel tasks, whilst multi tasking and working as a full on desktop with multiple monitors.

Also used it on my lap where it’s better than any laptop I’ve ever used, and as a tablet, where it isn’t up to iPad convenience, but better than any other tablet I’ve used.

I’m having one after Christmas for personal use, the best piece ofit kit I’ve ever used.

*To add... me and the Mrs have them we both work for the same employer.
My stepson has one, different employer (large govt department) - he’s the only one not a huge fan.
My daughter has one - works for a training provider
My brother in law has one - lawyer.

Last edited:
Just to add to @Andrew Moore’s excellent post above.

We run Surface Pros at work* and they’re much more robust than a cursory glance might suggest. I don’t run Adobe products on it, but I can confirm it copes admirably with some very complex excel tasks, whilst multi tasking and working as a full on desktop with multiple monitors.

Also used it on my lap where it’s better than any laptop I’ve ever used, and as a tablet, where it isn’t up to iPad convenience, but better than any other tablet I’ve used.

I’m having one after Christmas for personal use, the best piece ofit kit I’ve ever used.

*To add... me and the Mrs have them we both work for the same employer.
My stepson has one, different employer (large govt department) - he’s the only one not a huge fan.
My daughter has one - works for a training provider
My brother in law has one - lawyer.
Thanks, Phil.
Pretty compelling when so many positive comments from people whose opinions you can count on.
Just one thing, if I may. When you say " not up to Ipad convenience" are you referring to anything specific? Is it to do with the feel of the touch screen, etc? I have owned an old 9.7 inch Ipad for about 5 years and so can appreciate just how easy ii is to pick up and put down, knowing that it will just do what I want it to (accepting IOs limitations of course).
Sadly, I missed the recent Surface Pro price drop (£899) but am hoping that something similar to this might appear again over the Xmas period.
Thanks again
Stuart

Thanks, Phil.
Pretty compelling when so many positive comments from people whose opinions you can count on.
Just one thing, if I may. When you say " not up to Ipad convenience" are you referring to anything specific? Is it to do with the feel of the touch screen, etc? I have owned an old 9.7 inch Ipad for about 5 years and so can appreciate just how easy ii is to pick up and put down, knowing that it will just do what I want it to (accepting IOs limitations of course).
Sadly, I missed the recent Surface Pro price drop (£899) but am hoping that something similar to this might appear again over the Xmas period.
Thanks again
Stuart
As an avid apple user, I am now well into the App Store, sharing apps between devices and with family etc, I haven’t used the SP as a ‘leisure device’ yet, so I’m not well versed, but theres a good chance that Microsoft haven’t implemented this as well as Apple.

As for the feel of the touchscreen, it’s excellent. Heavier than my small Ipad, but then so is an IPad Pro.

Back