Surface pro OS query

Name
Edit My Images
No
I just won a 128gb surface pro 3 off the bay for a bargain price and was wondering about the OS on it. Is it a full version of Windows or a special tablet version?

Just wondering as it's coming with windows 8.1 on it and I wanted to update it to windows 10 pro. Would it work quite happily or have issues and better off staying with 8.1 on it.

It was released with Windows 8 but should upgrade without too many problems to Windows 10, as it should be eligible for a free upgrade. You could do it the slow way, via Windows Update, or you could download the Windows 10 Update Assistant, which will perform a complete in-place install of Windows 10 v 1809 over the top of Windows 8.1.

As for whether you'll have issues, well... it's Microsoft Windows so, yes, at some point you likely will have issues, but you should have far less issues with Windows 10 than Windows 8.1 as it's far more secure and with better privacy options. I have a Surface Pro 3 which has gone from 8.1 to 10 then all the way to version 1809 with very few problems. It all just works.

I just won a 128gb surface pro 3 off the bay for a bargain price
Just hope it is not the RT version of the Surface tablet, that version will not run Windows 10.

Well, the OP say's it's a "pro" so should be all good. No guarantee of Windows 10 though unless the previous owner upgraded it during the promo

Back