martin
Edit My Images
No
Surfs up
SLEP2447.jpg

SLEP2630.jpg

SLEP2871.jpg

SLEP3049b.jpg

I thought I would have a go at some surfing (photography) – much harder then I thought :rules: – the camera was auto focusing on the spray in front of the guys – I was also facing into the light and a polarising filter would have helped (lots) as would a longer lens (I was using a 300mm + a 1.4X extender with a 1.3 crop camera) but these are still crops.

I want back the next day to get closer – with some long wellies (riding boots) but the sea was flat and no action….

I’ll have another go sometime

really like the first, everything about it :)

2 and 3 tell more of a story to me. #1 is just standing there, it's quite a flat picture. #4 has a bit too much of the first wave imho. That said, they're better than my current crop of surf photos - it does make you realise how good the pro's are. It's a pity the waves weren't better too (the mass of white water is never that attractive), where were you?

I like no. 1. I like the contrast by the statuesque pose and the chop of the water. I love the way the texture of the sea has been captured. The mush is not much cop for surfing but it lends itself well to this image. Surfing cries out for huge lenses and I'm also stuck to a 300mm lens. :(

Back