Surrey Heath Heather

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
The area I live in is known as "Surrey Heath" - The heathland obviously loves the wet summer we have had and the place is covered in heather - I tried to get a few pics to show this although after the tree pic the sun became very hazy / non existant :bonk: ... Paul ;)

heather_800.jpg

heather_and_tree_800.jpg

They are lovely images Paul ... (y) ... and the first is amazing for the sheer scale of the heather ... :eek:

Have you over-tweaked the saturation in the second as the colour is strangely different to the first imgo ... :shrug:

AND ... I thought you didn't have a camera left just a lens ... :cautious: ... great shots for an unaccompanied lens m8 ... :D

08.gif

Wow thats some heather... great shots especially number 1(y)

Pat

i like these a lot!

#1 looks like something off the wizard of oz! fantastic colours.

#2 also a super picture, but as said maybe slightly over-saturated and could possibly benefit from the tree being more to one side rather than bang in the middle.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, i like the tree in the middle of #2!

They are lovely images Paul ... (y) ... and the first is amazing for the sheer scale of the heather ... :eek:

Have you over-tweaked the saturation in the second as the colour is strangely different to the first imgo ... :shrug:

AND ... I thought you didn't have a camera left just a lens ... :cautious: ... great shots for an unaccompanied lens m8 ... :D

08.gif

Hi Rog! Nice to know someone cares :embarrassed: - I have acquired a D80 to go with my lenses & this is my first trip out with it (it feels real titchy after the D200 but I'm sure I'll get used to it before I get a D300 :LOL:

The pics were processed exactly the same but the heather does look that different in places - there are parts with the additional really bright heather and other places were it is all one colour like the first pic
Hope that makes sense? The other thing you can't photograph is the smell of all this heather! Amazing & the first time I've ever encountered it (again due to the wetness of our "summer" so far)

Cheers ... Paul ;)

Back