• Nikon

Votes: 103 31.6%
  • Pentax

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Other Brand (Please State)

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sony. Used to be Minolta but Sony uses the Minolta Lens mount so when I went digital Sony to Minolta was the logical progression as I had already got over £2k's worth of lenses all bat one of which worked with the A100.

One 1884 view camera
One Agfa sillette
two box brownies
two Canon rangefinders
three Canon SLRs
one Canon powerShot
one Bronica
(only) one Nikon
three Olympus DSLRs
One PEN
(and a partridge in a pear tree)
:help:
Not sure what is my main cameras but it is definitely one of the Oly's. After the Oly's one of the rangefinders is my favourite

It rather looks like someone has tipped off an Olympus forum and they have all come to vote. Going from 2 votes to 36 in such a short time looks highly suspicious to me. :LOL:

Mike I think you will find that most of us have been members of PT for quite a while my self included since 2009 and four years before that under another user name.

We Oly users just tend to keep a low profile (except me with that user name ;) ) so I guess it would come as a suprise to find so many Oly users here when we decided to vote. ;):D

If it is a forum, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that those 36 votes will consist of very approximately 2.12139% of total membership and 9.57446% of the active membership. Roughly.

Not entirely correct, Dodd, because those figures are based on an assumption that every olympus user who has voted in this poll is also a member of Olympus Liberation Front which, unfortunatetly, they are not - although of course they are welcome to join. After all, it would tidy things up a bit and make your calculations spot on, give or take the odd decimal point.

Last edited by a moderator:
It rather looks like someone has tipped off an Olympus forum and they have all come to vote. Going from 2 votes to 36 in such a short time looks highly suspicious to me. :LOL:

No no no, surely not. Shame on you for even thinking it ;)

However it demonstrates there are Olympus users out there busy taking pictures and enjoying Oly gear.

I'm not certain it matters what you use: We know almost everyone uses Canon or Nikon. I used to use Nikon, now I use Olympus.

Pete.

Pm for you Goldenlight

Not entirely correct, Dodd, because those figures are based on an assumption that every olympus user who has voted in this poll is also a member of Olympus Liberation Front which, unfortunatetly, they are not - although of course they are welcome to join. After all, it would tidy things up a bit and make your calculations spot on, give or take the odd decimal point.

Well, Matty, I didn't bring up the subject, Grumpy Knickers did, so I think your admonishment is a little unfair. If you are going to butcher my post why not delete it altogether?

thats cos it took a while to write it.

thats cos it took a while to write it.

Ah, sorry, I assumed you meant you'd already sent it. I have it now, thanks. :)

No no no, surely not. Shame on you for even thinking it ;)

However it demonstrates there are Olympus users out there busy taking pictures and enjoying Oly gear.

I'm not certain it matters what you use: We know almost everyone uses Canon or Nikon. I used to use Nikon, now I use Olympus.

Pete.

Indeed, shame on me for thinking such things. :)

It was just a light hearted comment ( hence the :LOL: ) which seems to have been taken as some sort of dig against Olympus owners.

I of all people should know what it's like to be a minority on this forum :p

Anyway .. off to my usual forum to get all the members there voting on here ...

canon.gif

Good idea Mike, must admit I expected to see Pentax a bit higher that it is at the moment, I'll keep and eye out for that surge in votes ;) :D

It was just a light hearted comment ( hence the :LOL: ) which seems to have been taken as some sort of dig against Olympus owners.

:D:D(y)

Last edited:

Mike, I certainly didn't take your post as anti-Olympus. I, thought it was light-hearted and merely joined in the banter. It was only a matter of time before someone commented that an Olympus campaign was running and your sharp eyes got there first!

By all means get a Pentax forum (or whatever) to join in the vote, it's only a bit of fun and doesn't really prove anything we don't know anyway. You never know, a few of the new members we are bringing over might stay around and greater diversity of brand owners can only be a good thing.

Cheers,

John

BTW Mike, sorry to go off topic but I see you have a K-5. Looks a very impressive camera, how are you getting on with it? :)

BTW Mike, sorry to go off topic but I see you have a K-5. Looks a very impressive camera, how are you getting on with it? :)

I think Pentax have finally made the digital camera that they have been capable of producing all along (decent AF speed, very good high ISO performance and superb DR) ... and now we find that what looks like a large proportion of the Sony sensor used may have a problem.

Picture of the centre of my Sensor .. 100% crop.

5240829330_01cf707b37_z.jpg

Received my £120 cash back today and the camera is going back to Mifsuds tomorrow for replacement.

I think Pentax have finally made the digital camera that they have been capable of producing all along (decent AF speed, very good high ISO performance and superb DR) ... and now we find that what looks like a large proportion of the Sony sensor used may have a problem.

Picture of the centre of my Sensor .. 100% crop.

5240829330_01cf707b37_z.jpg

Received my £120 cash back today and the camera is going back to Mifsuds tomorrow for replacement.

Oh dear, sorry to see that, Mike. Hope it gets sorted very quickly for you.

First camera: newly acquired Olympus E3. Second camera: Olympus E420.

Back