Sushi Lovers! Which Fisheye ???

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking for a fisheye lens and not quite sure which one to go for. The 1.3x sensor of my MkIIn is not really suited to fisheye style photography.

I quite fancy the Tokina AT-X 107 DX Fisheye 10-17mm which although designed for a 1.6x crop seems to work well at 12+mm on the 1d, I know the Peleng is a cheap option for fisheye but there is the Sigma and not forgetting Canon options too.

Any ideas, tips, hints or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Scott

Hi Scott
I have the 15mm full frame Sigma fisheye, and use it on the 1D2. I don't use this lens much but it is tack sharp and quite easy to de-fish (or not) in photoshop. If you are into skate boarding or BMX or that type of shot it's a must have lens. The shots are quite contrasty from the camera.

Phil

Thanks hiplip, Is that a 1dmkII or a 1d2s camera ?

Hi,

I've got a Sigma 8mm f3.5 which I use mainly for panorama VRs. Cracking lens, but just watch you don't get your feet in shot !

I have the Peleng F3.5-F16 8 mm and it works well on my Canon 350D x1.6 crop. Not the sharpest lens in my bag but the build quality is great (rather heavy though) and image quality is useable. Not used the Canon/Sigma but if you want a sharpe image id probably look into them. The Canon/Sigma do cost more and the Peleng F3.5-F16 8 mm is a cheaper option how much ca$h you have and what image quality you need.

Back