SVR Tornado class visit

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope you like these images I captured just before Christmas on a visit to the Severn Valley Railway in Kidderminster...

Your c & c's valued and appreciated as usual :D

Number 1 doesn't do anything for I'm afraid. I can't really explain why though :shrug:

Number 2 - I can see what you were doing with this. It may benefit from a lower viewpoint.

Number 3 is my favourite of the set. I would crop out the line on the right hand side and try and use some PP to get detail back in the blown areas of sky. It has a lovely nostalgic feel to it.

Hi Rex,
I know that is a lovely ,immaculate old engine ,and one I have not seen running yet ,
1, Is a bit tight in frame for me.
2, I quite like the detail and colour
3,looks all wrong to me in sepia,would have preferred colour or B/W

I actually like the track on the right of no3 as it draws the eye (but maybe that's why Andy doesn't like it - taking the eye away from the train) but I agree about the sepia.

Thank you all for your comments and advice. I'm afraid being a bit of a novice at this, it's going to be sometime before I'll get the hang of photo shopping my images correctly.
Having fun getting used to it thou :)

Here are a couple more images, one being a different crop to the recent upload + one I have attempted to give the appearance of speed! Can't make up my mind about it thou, so any comments/advice would be great...

I still like the un-cropped pic (without the sepia)

The second shot (speed effect) does nothing for me personally.

I think it's because there's not enough of the train for me.

Back