Sweden - advice please.

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
We are hoping to go to Sweden on a fly drive with Discover the World. We have a few questions we would like some help with:

a - we went to Iceland and took too much cash, not realising that fuel was card only and almost everything else could be paid for by card. Is this the case in West Sweden?

b- we have a sample itinerary and would welcome thoughts.

- from Gothenburg we would drive to Ljunskile Bay and stay 2 nights

- then Koster Islands. 2 nights

- then Fjallbacka 3 nights

- then 3 nights on Orust at Edshultshall.

We have a couple of nights too many here. What adjustments would you make; please explain your reasons.

Thanks.

I've been to Sweden quite a few times and very rarely needed cash, like all of Scandi pretty much everyone takes cards (even Big Issue sellers...).

Cards were the way to go some 4 years ago when I was there on a business trip.

You should be fine out in the countryside away from the cities in the south hopefully.

I would just keep thinking about crossing into Norway and doing that instead all the time!

We went to Norway in September last year and wanted to visit somewhere we haven’t been. Cards it is. Any advice out there on itinerary?

I spend quite a bit of time in Sweden and by all means take some cash but a lot of places will no longer take cash and I know people who no longer carry any cash! The down side to this is that you end up paying a conversion fee on every transaction on a Credit or Debit card.

My Swedish wife obtained a UK Post Office Credit card and does not pay these individual conversion charges....a good wheeze

Thanks for that. It was just like that in Iceland. WE have put plans on hold for Sweden until we can figure out some other stuff. The guidebook will not be wasted however and nor will everybody's replies. Thanks again.

I think I'd want to see "the bridge" at Malmo to Coppenhagen. Any respecting Nordic Noir fan who's followed all 4 seasons of the bridge would make this a must.

I made a several hundred mile detour driving to Denmark to see it- weather was awful when we got there... Luckily I live 2 hours north of it so will head back when my new camera arrives!

Back