Sweden

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Hi All
In February I am traveling to Sweden I am renting a car in arlanda airport and driving north towards Lulea just wondered if anyone knew of any good places on the way up to photograph. I don't mind do small detours to get there.
Regards
Richard

Hi Richard, sounds fun- when I'm taking trips around Sweden I google the kommune (equivalent of county) tourist websites- usually have all you need. Just work out which kommunes you'll be driving through (If you have trouble I can help in a weeks time when I come back from Tromso :D
James

Sounds like fun Richard, funnily enough I'm out in Sweden around the same time- might spare some time to meet up with you whilst there.

You never know Mark we just might providing you don't get locked up for carrying anything under your coat on the flight;)

Hi Richard, sounds fun- when I'm taking trips around Sweden I google the kommune (equivalent of county) tourist websites- usually have all you need. Just work out which kommunes you'll be driving through (If you have trouble I can help in a weeks time when I come back from Tromso :D
James

Cheers James I have amassed a bit of info but any more is always worth while.

Regards Both
Richard

You never know Mark we just might providing you don't get locked up for carrying anything under your coat on the flight;)

Cheers James I have amassed a bit of info but any more is always worth while.

Regards Both
Richard

No doubt I will be party to the usual frisk, strip down then taken to the security office to answer the usual questions before I get allowed on a flight. I'm all good as long as the airline staff can't be bothered weighing my backpack.

No doubt I will be party to the usual frisk, strip down then taken to the security office to answer the usual questions before I get allowed on a flight. I'm all good as long as the airline staff can't be bothered weighing my backpack.

One of the reasons I love flying from Sweden- very relaxed and and very careful when it comes to checking camera gear at security.

Richard, without knowing your plans exactly, here's the route I would take. This is purely from a photographic opportunity point of view as it will take you through some of Sweden's most beautiful landscapes, especially considering the time of year. Keep in mind there'll be snow on the roads so be sure to rent a car with good winter tyres, preferably with the small metal studs in and keep enough essentials in the car to aid you should you need to wait a while whilst being rescued. It's cold over there right now, especially when you get up towards Salen and the ski slopes regions. The route I've marked will take you through fjalls, mountains, lakes and even afford you a quick jaunt over the border into Norway if you choose. It will be a much longer and slower ascent North but will be far more interesting than taking the direct route straight up. Here's a link to the full-size map without the route marked which I've uploaded to one of my blogs for you. You'll probably find it useful to have a detailed map on your iPad or phone. Here's the one I've sized smaller and included the route on. If you head into Stockholm and then due East towards Nacka you'll also find some nice islands like Dalaro. Saltsjobaden is en route to Dalaro and is also worth a visit, right by the water. Hope the info helps and you have a great trip!

sweden-tour.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone
We are having a great time. Thanks Dunc I have already managed to get stuck being to much of a gentleman I managed to put my wheels just of the side of an unmarked road giving a lady room to get by but it is all part of the fun.
Rich

Thanks everyone
We are having a great time. Thanks Dunc I have already managed to get stuck being to much of a gentleman I managed to put my wheels just of the side of an unmarked road giving a lady room to get by but it is all part of the fun.
Rich

No worries, Rich, have a great time. Visit some of the after-ski parties in the evenings! You'll soon warm up! Oh and eat plenty of moose and reindeer! Some of the best meat around!

Can't wait to see some shots Richard :)

I will try and put some up when I get back that's if Mark hasn't posted multiple threads ;)
And taken up the whole of the 1st page don't be hard on him Dave I think he is trying some impressionistic type of shots at least that's what they looked like on the back of the camera:naughty:

I will try and put some up when I get back that's if Mark hasn't posted multiple threads ;)
And taken up the whole of the 1st page don't be hard on him Dave I think he is trying some impressionistic type of shots at least that's what they looked like on the back of the camera:naughty:

Cant put them up Rich as i have a magazine wanting first shout at them so im sure yours will be up first.

Hurry up and post some pictures please.. lol

The bad penny always turns up I had great fun one drive of 302 miles and one of 374 miles made for an interesting time not to mention the hot tub, cable car, and the skiing set. Throw in a few landscapes the odd moose or two plus a few raindeer
And half a dozen snow plows and it wasn't a couple of dull days.
Rich

The bad penny always turns up I had great fun one drive of 302 miles and one of 374 miles made for an interesting time not to mention the hot tub, cable car, and the skiing set. Throw in a few landscapes the odd moose or two plus a few raindeer
And half a dozen snow plows and it wasn't a couple of dull days.
Rich

Are you back now, Rich? Heard there was a bad car accident in Sweden this morning involving 5 Brits and was concerned. Did you drive the inland route one way?

Are you back now, Rich? Heard there was a bad car accident in Sweden this morning involving 5 Brits and was concerned. Did you drive the inland route one way?

Hi Dunc
I made it safely back just heard about the band myself very sad indeed. I did go inland I stayed at Are the ski resort.
Regards
Richard

Back