Sweet spot of Sigma 10-20?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

doing some photos at work tomorrow for our new showroom. Mostly kitchens but a few bedrooms and bathrooms as well. I'm planning on using my 500d, Sigma 10-20mm and a tripod. Haven't got any lighting equipment so relying on ambient light.

I was thinking of going at about f/8, aperture priority and shoot in raw so I can tweak exposure if necessary. I have to do about 50 in an hour so time is of the essence. Also want to do a few creative shots with my 70-200 f/2.8 or 28mm f/1.8. Main thing I want advice on is the aperture, I know there is an optimum f/stop for sharpness, does it differ between lenses?

Cheers

I think f/8 is about right.

I've never noticed a huge sweet spot on my copy of this lens, but as said around f8 is generally the norm isn't it across the majority of lens optics. Just check this doesn't mess up any DoF you want depending on product/placement etc that you're shooting.

Andrew.

I've never noticed a huge sweet spot on my copy of this lens, but as said around f8 is generally the norm isn't it across the majority of lens optics. Just check this doesn't mess up any DoF you want depending on product/placement etc that you're shooting.

Andrew.

Bingo...what he said.

Back