Swift in flight

Edit My Images
Yes
Now here is a challenge and life lesson in frustration, catch a Swift in flight, one to improve on I admit, but can these things shift, not to mention change direction in a millisecond.

It was fun trying all the same ... but an exercise that left me wishing I had the reactions of my teenage years :D

135_052a.jpg

I have tried that,without any success at all, I wish you good luck..........(y)

Your shutter won`t last long now though........:D

A Swift crashed into the Reservoir last weekend, just along from the hide we were in, it swam towards the shore using its wings, with several Coots moving in, we ran down to rescue the bird.

The bird was rescued, dried off, warmed up then successfully released.

I always use single shot frac ... old school me when film cost money :D

I am a bit like that as well,though I had it on machine gun mode for the Peregrines........:LOL:

Well done you Martyn - spent a couple of afternoons last week trying to get some swift - the best of my feeble efforts were a few OOF and a stack of nothing shots :bang:

Well done you Martyn - spent a couple of afternoons last week trying to get some swift - the best of my feeble efforts were a few OOF and a stack of nothing shots

Least you got that Tom I tried to photograph some in anglesey and gave up after 20 minutes of not even being able to pick them up....theyre so quick.

Congrats Martyn on a fine shot.

Thanks for the comments ... not wishing to rub it in but having just checked the metadata that was shot at 550mm ;)

Its not so much them being quick, they can sense the moment you achieve focus and do a handbrake turn out of shot :D

This is spooky Martyn, I was sat in my neighbours garden tonight having a cuppa, and the Swallows are out. I said to him I gotta come along and grab some shots. Hey presto you turn this out :LOL:
Great capture :clap::clap::clap:

This is spooky Martyn, I was sat in my neighbours garden tonight having a cuppa, and the Swallows are out. I said to him I gotta come along and grab some shots. Hey presto you turn this out :LOL:
Great capture

Thanks Rich, I have an idea I need to try on how to improve on this one, but it will need some decent light, and not getting distracted with something else, which usually happens when I go out with a preconceived idea :D

Nicely caught!

I was down by the Irwell in Manchester the other week...there were 2 flying literally 6ft from me..and I didn't have my camera :bang: Saying that, don't think I'd have gotten much if I did have it....bloomin' fast buggers!

Thanks Rich, I have an idea I need to try on how to improve on this one, but it will need some decent light, and not getting distracted with something else, which usually happens when I go out with a preconceived idea :D

:LOL::LOL: I might build me a big crows nest so I can get on their level :thinking::thinking:

sharp, in focus, decent composition
not much to moan about there! :clap:

Nicely caught!

I was down by the Irwell in Manchester the other week...there were 2 flying literally 6ft from me..and I didn't have my camera :bang: Saying that, don't think I'd have gotten much if I did have it....bloomin' fast buggers!

Brilliant effort (y)
I spent a good part of last summer trying to capture Swallows and Sand Martins in flight...:D Gave it up as a bad job in the end!

sharp, in focus, decent composition
not much to moan about there! :clap:

Thanks for the comments, glad you all liked it (y)

Back