Swinsty Reservior - Black and Whites

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I took the day off and decided to just open up Google maps and pick the first place that I saw and that happened to Swinsty Reservior.

I arrived at 8am and left around 2pm.

Great place with some superb photographic opportunities.

I've whittled my photographs down and here's 6.

I decided to post process them all the b&w.

C&C would be welcome.

Cheers.

5497755001_e7449b5fd1_z.jpg

5498347414_5bcfa14c9e_z.jpg

5498346112_0a3f49b73e_z.jpg

5497750249_e978495ef5_z.jpg

5497747865_658d7eaaea_z.jpg

5498339436_a151e9958a_z.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon there will be a mixed selection from that set about which are peoples favourites. I like the second one that has very little in the way of features. Just a lovely reflection from that bush in the foreground.
Good set.

nice set, no 5 for me, nice sky and the sweepingcurves work well.

lovely set, 2nd last one for me!

Cheers, guys.

Super set Andy. The only one that I don't think quite works is #4 - the OOF foreground is too dominant, and the background isn't quite balanced or interesting enough to justify it. Terrific work though, especially for a first visit to a location. Its also good to see some quality B&W work on this forum.

Many thanks for the crit, appreciate it. I took a few from that point and in the process I knelt in a big pile of dog poop that some wonderful owner failed to clean up :cautious:

Cheers.

I reckon there will be a mixed selection from that set about which are peoples favourites. I like the second one that has very little in the way of features. Just a lovely reflection from that bush in the foreground.
Good set.

Hi, Steve and thanks.

The one you mention was from 8.51 :)D) in the morning and by around 3pm the water was like glass...simply amazing!

Cheers.

I like the fourth one, really this the OOF foregrounds works well. However, I think there's a halo around the tree tops.

I like the fourth one, really this the OOF foregrounds works well. However, I think there's a halo around the tree tops.

Yip, just seen that myself. There was nothing in the sky in the raw image so I tried to tweak something in post but messed it up. Didn't realised I'd uploaded this one to Flicker until a moment ago...

Cheers for the feedback and comment.

I'd say you had nailed it, love em all, well shot/ppd. (y)

C&C would be welcome

Ok, well I'll pick just the one to give my opinion on... and it's number #2.

I think this could have been really great it it was shot in landscape orientation and slightly wider. The symmetry of the landscape reflected really appeals to me and as for that 'plant thing' as foreground interest, it's great. As it stands though, there is just too much sky and it's not that interesting.

That's me done... thanks :)

Thanks, Lee, appreciate the feedback.

As I recall something prevented me from landscape orientation, but I'll take on board you feedback.

Cheers.

Back