Swiss Live Fire Power Demo PT1

Name
laurie
Edit My Images
Yes
Well where do you start to talk about a week like we just had, from the outstanding Swiss countryside which totally blew me not to mention the laid back friendly attitude of the locals, the lady who ran our hotel got up at 3.30am just to make sure their was coffee and breakfast outside mine and Swampy's room, think i'll be having a word at the Red Lion.

What i've done in this thread is just put on the jets, heli's flares and bases to follow.

Ok the one question i keep getting asked 'whats the climb like' we drove 8 km up the mountain which was the highest i've ever been up a mountain and arrived at the ski village of Axalp at 5am to find some Welsh pikey and his Missus camping in their van high Martin

Got out the car still in darkness but beatiful clear sky and in the background was the biggest mountain i've seen close up, gosh thats a big un to which Simon cheerfully informed me thats where were going

I got to say i did'nt think i'd make it but 2hous 20 minutes later me and Simon were their with Gary Martin and his good lady following not too far behind, i think its clear to say that the excitement,scenery etc carry you up, yes it is hard work but keep a steady pace and its actually rather enjoyable.

The following day we took a different route which is much easier except we missed the path by about 20 foot so went striaght up i'd imagine about 2 Bluebells and this was after an hour of walking

Weather on the Tuesday was variable from a bit of drizzle to sunny spells very relaxed day as this is practice day and allot less people up their, Wednesday was actualy the hottest day on record i've since found out 26 degrees wall to wall blue sky which made for difficult photography as you shooting towards the sun most of the day.

As to the flying well truely amazing boy these guys know how to fly jets, they use three different targets for the live fireing and the F5's finnish their display with exploding shells

Finally a very big thanks to Gary, Simon and Martin for the company

2-89.jpg

4-85.jpg

6-71.jpg

8-58.jpg

9-54.jpg

10-48.jpg

lozza

Some great shots Lozza, this action can't be beat.....definitely on the calender for next year, missed it this year with work and got lucky the year before, as had almost everything booked then had to cancel, luck as it didn't happen because of bad weather, but definitely (funds dependant) going next year.

Stunning you got to enter pic 5 into the talkphotography calander comp.

very nice indeed looks like it was worth all the effort to get up there and get these brilliant shots ,no5 is the pick for me

Great shots, loving the Two seat Hunter(y)

yes, fantastic effort. makes a lot of the shots from lfa7 look a little dull now.:clap:

Excelle stuff Lozza - must have been awesome sounded it from the texts you guys sent whilst away !

Superb shots and given that you are shooting into the light

#'s 1 & 2 for me - but do like the paint work on the tail of #3

Great going there - any more ???

Back