Swiss Prices

Impressive pricing, the 100-400 II comes in at 1370... UK cost is still £2k :eek:... and a return flight on 6th June is £58.

Thanks Caleb, thats a top tip (y)

Don't forget you would also need to pay all import/VAT duties on top as well

Import VAT/Duties.......yeah.

Just to caveat that yes, obviously don't just assume you can stick in a rucksack and brazenly walk through the Nothing to Declare area at London Gutonsted and not have to pay that.

@LeeRatters : Our rules

Prohibited content

• Piracy (of the internet kind), anything naughty or criminal. Market research, surveys etc.

... and theres Toblerone everywhere.
Did you check out the Toblerone prices? Why no pictures of Toblerone displays? Call yourself a researcher?

Seriously though, last time I was in Switzerland I was quite surprised and disappointed to discover that Toblerones were MUCH more expensive there than they are here.

Did you check out the Toblerone prices? Why no pictures of Toblerone displays? Call yourself a researcher?

Seriously though, last time I was in Switzerland I was quite surprised and disappointed to discover that Toblerones were MUCH more expensive there than they are here.
Maybe we could do a roaring trade in exchanging UK sourced Toblerone for Swiss sourced camera gear... Hmmm :)

Call yourself a researcher?

Yes actually I do, and I take it very seriously. Over 12 Toblerones were consumed over the course of my trip and I can honestly say it tastes exactly the same there as it does here. There is a much bigger selection of sizes available up to a monster CHF 134 thing which was about 4' long and 7kgs.

Yes actually I do, and I take it very seriously. Over 12 Toblerones were consumed over the course of my trip and I can honestly say it tastes exactly the same there as it does here. There is a much bigger selection of sizes available up to a monster CHF 134 thing which was about 4' long and 7kgs.
RESPECT.

Toblerone hurts my mouth:(

That was the best present my wife ever bought me - she got it reduced at Woolworths for a tenner - it took months to eat and I looked like an oversized gerbil :D

Their VAT rate is lower - but when they left the Euro "peg" it screwed the price advantage

Back