Syder 3 pro calibration?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought new Sypder 3 pro from dabs [£89, good price] Loaded new settings onto my work pc - does it make everyone elses Firefox browser look very blue/grey?

Never been able to get this lcd right [Dell E228EFP 22in] and boosted brightness and contrast so that firefox looked white, which tended to blow out highlights.

Looks a little odd to me, not sure what i was expecting the Spyder to do!

its allabout firefox colour management - there is a colour management plugin, or alternativley - type this in the browser address bar:

about:config page

look at the settings for:
gfx.color_management.enabled and gfx.color_management.display_profile

its allabout firefox colour management - there is a colour management plugin, or alternativley - type this in the browser address bar:

about:config page

look at the settings for:
gfx.color_management.enabled and gfx.color_management.display_profile

Url not valid when i put "about:config page" in?

That worked, though not sure how to find my new calibrated profile. Doesn't seem to be in the program folder for colorvision [spyder].

Firefox picks up the system profile automatically, you only need to specify the profile if you want to use a different one for some reason.

I doubt the "problem" you have with calibration has much to do with Firefox, probably more do with how far out the monitor was previously. The Spyder calibrates the display so it matches a standard set of values and this can mean images will look dramatically different than before, it might be this that you are experiencing.

I just got a Spyder3 pro, been at it for 2 hrs! had enough now, keeps giving me a blue/purple colour cast, its not coz I'm not used to it, its deffinatley not right! I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong, sending it back, unless someone can tell me whats wrong?!
Its a new monitor and looks great anyway just thought I'd calibrate it, waste of time I think!

Can you see any difference on the last stage that let's you compare their stock images with the before/after changes?

Can see a change on my macbook, it was quite cold and blue. With the Spyder calibration it is warmer and more yellow/red.

I think firefox is causing the weird grey/blue issues here on my work pc lcd. IE looks a lot more white.

Get in touch with the datacolor support, they will ask you to send the files the Spyder has created and they will be able to analyze that.

What OS are you using? I've recently bought a spyder 3 pro for my XP32 pc and it seems to work ok in this case.

I downloaded the most up to date software for it from datacolor (might come through 'check for updates')
When widnows boots up I get a message box telling me it has successfully loaded the profile.

I had to look up how to get firefox to color manage everything (sorry, can't remember how, but I found it using google not the firefox help)
Photoshop picks up the profile by itself and just works.

I think it's best to make the profile with low lighting in the room so it's not confused (ie not with the screen in direct sunlight etc.)
Is the light / decor in your room a strong color (e.g. bright red walls)? That might make the screen look odd in comparision.

I've got a wide-gamut monitor so having a profile really helped to make the colors look natural as opposed to dayglo boost everywhere.

Back