SykeHouse Show Jumping

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

1st time out at the showjumping this season & struggled to get in to the swing of things for most of the day . Quite small arena with lots of jumps so difficult to get clean shots but ...how did I do ?

DSC_3004 by llj666, on Flickr

DSC_3022 by llj666, on Flickr

DSC_3160 by llj666, on Flickr

DSC_3340 by llj666, on Flickr

& I know not many people like shots from behind but I kinda like this one :

DSC_3315 by llj666, on Flickr

C&C appreciated as I want to improve

Thanks in advance :)

#2 is the most dynamic and captures the moment.
#4 and #5 are taken from behind, which is not so good.

I've seen a lot worse, in fact I've seen a lot worse from so-called Pro's! :LOL:

They all have fussy backgrounds but there's not a lot you can do about that as it goes with the sport.

#3 looks a bit squint and so does #5.

#4 and #5 are not favoured 'bum view' shots but you have captured the horse well in all of them except maybe #1

#2 is the most dynamic and captures the moment.
#4 and #5 are taken from behind, which is not so good.

Thanks for commenting.....I like the rear veiw for the hooves all off the ground in 4 ...not everyone's cuppa though:)

I've seen a lot worse, in fact I've seen a lot worse from so-called Pro's! :LOL:

They all have fussy backgrounds but there's not a lot you can do about that as it goes with the sport.

#3 looks a bit squint and so does #5.

#4 and #5 are not favoured 'bum view' shots but you have captured the horse well in all of them except maybe #1

Cheers for the comments . Not sure I get the "squint" though...must be feeling dim...can you explain what you mean please ?

Cheers for the comments . Not sure I get the "squint" though...must be feeling dim...can you explain what you mean please ?

The horzions are not level, if you look at the telegraph/floodlight poles as a guide.

They arent from Sykehouse Show are they ? please say no otherwise I have really messed up with my plans for this Sunday.

The horzions are not level, if you look at the telegraph/floodlight poles as a guide.

Thanks for that Jim....must llok at the pictures properley in future :bonk:

They arent from Sykehouse Show are they ? please say no otherwise I have really messed up with my plans for this Sunday.

Don't panic...Sykehouse Show is this coming Sunday....was a great show last year but I can't make this year...have a great time(y)

Nice pics, you did well! Can I ask what lens you used please? I'm wanting to get into horsey photography although not at pro level.

The rider in pic one just looks like she hasn't folded from the waist enough, tbh it doesn't matter as her horse is huge and the fence isn't.

At least she is enjoying herself!

I posted pics of the back of the horse/rider and got crit for it too!

Buttkicker said:
Can anyone please explain what seems to be the problem in image No.1!!
for non Horsey folks like me I really dont see what she is doing wrong

so please enlighten me
thanks
Chris

She isn't doing much wrong, basically she isn't leaning forward enough!

Thanks for the comments peeps , the rider in pic one was enjoying herself so much I think she forgot what she was meant to do :LOL:

The backgrounds were always gonna be busy , small arena packed with jumps & light poles all the way round & I don't do editing ( not very well anyway !) .I will def look closer next time to make shure all is straight though (y)

Thanks again advice taken on board so next time should be better :)

Having done plenty of Equine, its # 3 for me but a reservation.. the horse looks like hes a fair ground horse with that pole in the way. However the pluses; the picture is sharp and has energy, rider seated nicely.

I'm not a fan of rear shots. #1 seating is not good, background very busy (I know often this can't be helped but look around for different positions to place yourself if poss. # 2 just doesn't quite hit the button for me.

Overall very well done, Equine is not an easy subject and takes lots of practice.

I did say slight, but I suspect that the hallowing is more due to PP than exposure errors! :)

Back