Sylvia atricapilla (Female)

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I only managed four shots in the space of 10 minutes before the rains came :(
Looks like she has taken a liking to the peanut butter, the other day the Robin was the aggresive one and chased her off of the feeders. The tide has turned and I spotted her dive bombing a female Blackbird.Thanks for looking and any C&C is always welcome, I will only add that I was not too sure about the crop. I have plenty of room around the bird in the original other than at the bottom by the tail.

IMG_45082.jpg

Last edited:
Really like that one, lovely looking bird and very nice detail (y)

Lovely shot Rich we've had a female in the garden a lot recently too using the fat ball feeders. I wonder how many birds we have wintering over here I would imagine it'd be more than is usual :thinking:.

Its a nice shot Rich, the crop works for me, dont think I'd change it at all. The BG compliments the birds colour well and the perch works too, not a lot wrong with that (y)

Strangely enough, the last BC I saw was called Susan, wonder if theres any relationship :thinking: :naughty:

Thanks all for the comments, it seems a lot more birds are staying around these parts. Whether or not a rough estimate will emerge at some point this year will be anybody`s guess. I would imagine the sales of bird food which has multplied by loads over the last couple of years probably plays a part in it, what with that and the warmer climate we have had over the last decade I suppose it is a no brainer for them, should I stay or should I go now :LOL:

Its a nice shot Rich, the crop works for me, dont think I'd change it at all. The BG compliments the birds colour well and the perch works too, not a lot wrong with that (y)

Strangely enough, the last BC I saw was called Susan, wonder if theres any relationship :thinking: :naughty:

Thanks Trev, was that Susan the WPC by any chance? Chasing birds around with John will inevitably land you in trouble :naughty:

Thanks Trev, was that Susan the WPC by any chance? Chasing birds around with John will inevitably land you in trouble :naughty:

Oh!!! well, it was following me with its little truncheon in its claw.. or was that John, gee, I forget now :thinking:
Thanks for the headsup, I'll be more careful now :police: :D

Can only say one thing about this shot Rich "superb".

Regards: Gordon

Good spot Rich. Like the framing.

Have to agree with all thats been said. Excellent shot.

That's a cracker, Rich. Lovely pose as well (y)

Stunning shot Rich. The colours are wonderfull and the BG nice and creamy - looking at it makes me think I am seeing it for myself rather than on a PC (y)

That is one very nice image Rich :clap::clap: lovely background and great detail . You have done Mrs Blackcap proud with this image (y)

Back