Symonds Yat

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Went here for the weekend....great weather!

Ferry man came to collect us...

MG_8214-Edit.jpg

Wonderful views everywhere...

MG_8224.jpg

Climbers enjoying the mild autumnal day.....

MG_8253-Edit.jpg

#1 is a great shot say's it all in one image (y)
although it doesn't look totally straight for some reason? but then I have needed new glasses for ages so it could be me :shrug:

i hope you didnt pay him till you got to the other side :D
beautiful imagery though, loving the first one - scenery, man with a story, and all perfectly composed

Really like the way the light looks in the 1st shot, I think you nailed the exposure really well.

There's something about #2 that I like, it has a nice tranquil feel, and a sort of 'fluffiness' in the trees which reminds me of an old painting that my mom used to have.

Awesome colours in #3, though I cant quite make up my mind about it, on one hand the people give perspective to that enormous rock, on the other as said already, they kind of break up the naturally beautiful scene.

Looks like you had a fantastic time Carole. (y)

No1 is a good shot

Sorry to be a boring old f***! (whats my usual excuse? :D)

But all great and no.1 brilliant! (y)

:thinking: just an idea [I got my piece of paper out for covering bits of the screen] - if you crop out the width of the last house on the right hand side, it gets rid of the more obvious bit of ferry cable, and makes a stunning square composition too. 2 pics for the price of one. (y)

Then I took it further from that crop, and cropped some off the top, enough to lose the higher house, so it was back to tradtion landscape scale, and yet another stunning image appears, that really makes the ferry man the focal point and the interest. So THREE fab pics for the price of one :woot::woot:

:thinking: just an idea [I got my piece of paper out for covering bits of the screen] - if you crop out the width of the last house on the right hand side, it gets rid of the more obvious bit of ferry cable, and makes a stunning square composition too. 2 pics for the price of one. (y)

Then I took it further from that crop, and cropped some off the top, enough to lose the higher house, so it was back to tradtion landscape scale, and yet another stunning image appears, that really makes the ferry man the focal point and the interest. So THREE fab pics for the price of one :woot::woot:

:LOL::LOL: Thanks LL and everyone else.

Can't really add much to what's been posted other than to say very atmospheric & thanks for posting.

Shots like these remined you that the Uk's not such a bad place to live after all :D

Andrew

Love the first and third! Second I'm not so keen on, but then it is surrounded by two really nice shots!

Reflection in the first is spot on, as are the colours in the third. Lovely compositions in all as well. :)

1st one for me too, not least because I have a customer in that shot. And it looks straight to me.

Back