Sync problems merging external sound to video in Lightworks

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I'm new to Lightworks and recording with an external mic. I have a Zoom H1 which I use to capture better quality sound than the on-cam mics on my LX100 and iPhone SE.

On importing the video and audio into Lightworks is no problem. Syncing the video to the sound in Lightworks is no problem - I can get it all nice and matched up.

However, on exporting the video, the resulting MP4 has sound which is out of sync with the video. It was perfect in Lightworks. But the exported video has sound which is ahead on some clips and behind on others. What's going on? How can it be right in the editor, and wrong in the exported video?

I suspect having the Zoom H1 set to 96 instead of 48 may be an issue. Would that be right? I'm really very confused by this. The only way I could get around it is to shift the audio left or right in Lightworks to be out of sync in the editor using trial and error and checking the results after export. Very very time consuming.

Any help gratefully received. Ta.

I'm giving up on Lightworks. Last attempt involved importing video, syncing the clips to external sound perfectly in the editor. Exported and the clips were all out of sound syn by about half a second. Opened Lightworks again and the clips were all totally out of sound sync despite me doing nothing other than closing and opening the programme. Too hard, can't be arsed.

I've downloaded and paid for PowerDirector from Cyberlink. So far so good. Every nice interface. Sound sync seems very simple. Some excellent features like subject tracking (for follow-the-subject captioning). Impressed so far.

Back