Synology DS 218 Play

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having an issue with my NAS. It's been working perfectly well until yesterday. I attempted to upload the RAWS from a wedding and I'm getting then error message: Upload failed. Your web browser only supports uploading files but not folders. Please try again.

Obviously, these are RAW files and not folders. Any ideas? I've opened a ticket with Synology, but I'd like to get these backed up ASAP!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

How are are you uploading these to the NAS

Over my home wifi. It's never missed a beat since I bought it a year ago, just suddenly won't upload RAWs. I tried a JPG to the same folder and it worked fine

Last edited:
Try mounting the storage folder on your NAS locally and transferring them via the file browser instead

When you say mounting it locally, do you mean directly via a wired connection? My current way his to go to the file station, open the desired folder, choose upload (skip) and then choose the images from their source (External hard drive) I highlight the images and it just uploads normally. Until now! I've just updated various packages, but it hasn't made a difference

When you say mounting it locally, do you mean directly via a wired connection? My current way his to go to the file station, open the desired folder, choose upload (skip) and then choose the images from their source (External hard drive) I highlight the images and it just uploads normally. Until now! I've just updated various packages, but it hasn't made a difference

Are you on the same network as your NAS when doing the upload or are you doing it from a remote location?

Sorry, same network

You will need to turn on either the Windows or Mac file system access so that your NAS appears as a device on Finder / Windows explorer. You will be able to backup files without the need to use a browser which is causing the issue. Plus it's easier using the mounted method to transfer large amounts of data

Last edited:
Should be under settings / storage somewhere in the synology interface. It's called AFP and should have a check box. Once done you should be able to find your NAS appearing as an external device on Finder on your Mac, log in using using your Synology login and you'll have access to all of your files without needing to use the browser, and you'll be able to drag and drop

Last edited:
I can't believe after a year of using the upload, I could have been dragging and dropping! It's working now. Thank you

I can't believe after a year of using the upload, I could have been dragging and dropping! It's working now. Thank you
Your browser method is more for when you aren't at home. Hopefully the folder upload feature will work again soon

Back