Beginner Tablet for editing?

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone I am looking to buy a tablet for editing on, does anyone have any recommendations? I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy tab S2 but I have realized it doesn't have any kind of stylus which I think I will need for the editing process?

I'm looking at getting something a bit older on purpose to keep cost down as I want to buy a new lens.

Edit: Not looking at getting an Ipad.

Last edited:
The Tab S2 is now quite old so will be stuck on an older version of Android. Editing on a 10" tablet is not generally a very good experience. I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6 that I take when I'm travelling. This is a tablet PC so I can have Photoshop Elements but I still leave anything more than minor adjustments until I get home.

IPad Pro without a doubt, several on TP use them including myself. A tad more expensive than the competition but you get what you pay for.

Give the Post Processing & Image Editing part of TP a look, there’s a whole bunch of things about editing on an iPad On there.

George.

IPad Pro without a doubt, several on TP use them including myself. A tad more expensive than the competition but you get what you pay for.

Give the Post Processing & Image Editing part of TP a look, there’s a whole bunch of things about editing on an iPad On there.

George.
Thank you George but I should of mentioned I am not interested in getting an iPad. Thank you for your reply regardless though I appreciate the help.

Samsung S3 has a pen I believe.
Lightroom Mobile works ok on my S2 and even older Tab S 10.5

Only used it a couple of times when I've been away from home.
No replacement for a laptop or even better a desktop

Last edited:

George.
Would an ipad pro4 do editing? Can one load photos from a camera onto it whilst in the out in the field? IE Card Reader.

I am considering one.

Would an ipad pro4 do editing? Can one load photos from a camera onto it whilst in the out in the field? IE Card Reader.

I am considering one.

Yes !! At the moment I use an “iPad Pro 12.9” (2017 2nd gen‘ model) and it does all of that easily.

George.

You won't be allowed to SELL anything on this forum until you fulfil the rules dictating sales, which you appear to be ignoring :(

not so much sales, as affiliate links - 3 out of 6 threads, all with affiliate links, all rmoved/broken and "warning points" issued.

Now, i'm happy to give benefit of the doubt, but they've been warned to go and read the rules before posting, and they've got a day off to do so now, so ANY further affilate links and their account might just go away completely.

We should be here to help each other in these strange times, not to help ourselves to a commission....

As you all were :)

I use the second generation iPad Pro 1.9 and to be honest it’s all I ever use now
Lightroom CC is fine for what I use it for

I use a 2018 iPad Pro 11 for all my work now, I‘ve barely used my laptop at all since getting it last year. The Apple Pencil is horrifically expensive but it is worth it, editing photos on a touch screen with such a high quality stylus is brilliant. I am a huge android fan but I wouldn’t touch an android tablet. The software support and app quality is nothing like what you get on an iPad. I know I can keep my current iPad for at least 5 years and it’ll be supported and kept up to date by Apple. You’ll get 2 years of updates at most on even the most expensive Android tablet.

I use Lightroom but there are several other decent photo editors available for the iPad (Pixelmator, Darkroom, Affinity Photo) that will all get the job done

Last edited:
Hiya,

I have used a 1st and 2nd Gen 12.9” iPad Pro, a 10.5” iPad Pro, and now a 11” iPad Pro for editing.

It’s the only machine I use for editing (mostly film scans), and has been more than great to use.

I use Lightroom CC, with a little bit of Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, and the Focos app thrown in.

(I have Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo too, but do not use them too much. I have used Pixalmator, and Pixelmator Photo, and also Polarr. There are plenty of editing software out there to suit).

I can edit on the iPad and directly upload to my website from there. Fab workflow to use.

Cheers,
Shane.

Last edited:
I have the Huion Pro. Not to be recommended as after sales support is non existent. It just sits on my desk doing nothing, one day I will get round to dumping it into the refuse bin.

Back