Tablet light... Now Explored :)

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Inspired by another thread I looked at on here, I decided to try and use the light generated from a 'Tablet' to light up my daughters face.

I liked it so I thought I would share, I'm not sure if i should crop out old snow white on the right :shrug:

Matt

Bedtime story -) by mattd85, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the space to the right Matt, maybe just darken it down to loose the snow white image- cracking shot all the same

like this- not perfect a 3 min edit but Im sure you' get the idea

8268455990_f03325e4a0_z.jpg

Les (y)

mikeplow1961 said:
Really nice shot. Must try one.

Give it a go , I'm going to do a few more over the weekend

Lez325 said:
I like the space to the right Matt, maybe just darken it down to loose the snow white image- cracking shot all the same

like this- not perfect a 3 min edit but Im sure you' get the idea

Les (y)

I like it les, now I've got to decide which one I prefer , maybe open a poll for a bit of fun :)

CaelansMummy said:
Lovely photo (y) I prefer it with Snow White for some reason! :LOL:

I'm still not sure, the Snow White does add something to it I suppose, thanks for commenting Zoe :)

Give it a go , I'm going to do a few more over the weekend

I like it les, now I've got to decide which one I prefer , maybe open a poll for a bit of fun :)

I'm still not sure, the Snow White does add something to it I suppose, thanks for commenting Zoe :)

Oh dear what have I started :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les :D

I like the Snow White version much more, she's watching over the child and it adds a dimension.

Lovely shot, I prefer the snow white version. It seems to tell more of the moment
Both nice though

Really like the image, what settings was you using?

Thanks, You can check out the EXIF on my flickr account :)

I like the Snow White version much more, she's watching over the child and it adds a dimension.

Hi phil,

I agree with that, It just adds more to the photo, I knew there was a reason I couldn't decide to crop it or darken it out.

Thanks for stopping by

Lovely shot, I prefer the snow white version. It seems to tell more of the moment
Both nice though

Thanks, I'm very pleased to say this is now Explored on flickr, My 3rd one I think :)

There's actually an app for that on iPad. It's called Softbox Pro and is great for different lighting effects.

Marc Jacobs said:
There's actually an app for that on iPad. It's called Softbox Pro and is great for different lighting effects.

I will look to see if google play(android) has something similar :)

Hi Matt I don't get on here much so I am a bit behind. Lovely shot, great composition and leave Snow White alone!

There's only one review on that and it would be fair to say the fella is not happy!

Like the first photo better and looks like a great idea to try.

Last edited:
I think both versions are good. Thanks for sharing, might give this a go myself. I guess you metered off her face?

A very nice photo, as with others I prefer the one without Snow White.

I pretty sure I was told as a kid that reading in the dark with torchlight was bad for my eyes ??? :)

RSMarco said:
I think both versions are good. Thanks for sharing, might give this a go myself. I guess you metered off her face?

Thanks , and yes metered from her face :)

acetone said:
A very nice photo, as with others I prefer the one without Snow White.

I pretty sure I was told as a kid that reading in the dark with torchlight was bad for my eyes ??? :)

Thanks for looking :)

You would be correct in saying that about the torch light , I turned off the light purely for the photo :), the things we make them do to get the shot haha

mattd85 said:
Thanks for looking :)

You would be correct in saying that about the torch light , I turned off the light purely for the photo :), the things we make them do to get the shot haha

You can ask her to do those things now, but wait a few years, there is no way she wear the clothes or see the boys you want her too :) :D :(

A situation I see in my house all the time myself.The kids might as well own the ipad as they seem to have it more than me.This is why we have bought them both the innotab2 for Christmas so me & the GF can actually get it back.:D
Will have to try this shot myself after seeing the lovely result you got.

acetone said:
You can ask her to do those things now, but wait a few years, there is no way she wear the clothes or see the boys you want her too :) :D :(

Hahahahaha she is like that with the clothes now

DEANSUPREME said:
A situation I see in my house all the time myself.The kids might as well own the ipad as they seem to have it more than me.This is why we have bought them both the innotab2 for Christmas so me & the GF can actually get it back.:D
Will have to try this shot myself after seeing the lovely result you got.

Funnily enough Santa is bringing jasmine an inotab 2 also, so maybe I can get mine back :) , the games for those are a bit expensive though?

I look forward to seeing your results :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Matt

Back