Taj Mahal

mobilevirgin

I'm a cheeky little sausage
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes

I'm working my way through about 2,500 pics taken in India and Nepal. I promise not to post them all up here - but there will be more of this sort of thing from me over the next few days.

Here's the Taj, taken early morning and HDR'd a touch.

You see pictutes of this all the time but that is a superb one!

Very hard to tell exactly at 500 pix width, but from the look of it, I reeeealy like it :).

amazing at full size
almost looks painted (meant as a compliment btw)
suspect there may be a couple of dust bunnies - but only visible on the big'un)
I like the people in it - adds scale and context(y)

Thanks all - yes the picture is clickable to my flickr pages. Also, there is sensor dust - it was too late to do anything about once I'd left home, not having suitable cleaning kit with me.

Your comments are appreciated.

Great to see the Taj on a sunny day - knocks my shots into a cocked hat!

Very, very good shot!

Loving your Indis shots so far! Keep 'em coming, all of 'em!! :D

Loving it! Have added you as a contact on Flickr to keep seeing more of your photos. Very nice indeed :)

Lovely shot (y) Although Ive got a niggle I just can't shake.

As soon as I saw it, I thought "oops it needs rotating".
Upon closer inspection, it doesnt, but I couldn't figure out why it 'felt' wonky.

Then I realised. You weren't stood *exactly* central were you? If you look at the line of thingies in the water, as you go downwards, they veer slightly to the left. A step to the left ever so slightly would have corrected it. (OR, a bit of the Photoshop transform to the right ;) )

Just looked at the full size one :clap:

Sensor dust is a bit obvious on that one but you soon forget about it when you see the detail in the scene.

Excellent shot, i love it :clap:

I really like this one, so full of colour without being OTT! (y)

An amazing shot, i look forward to seeing the rest (2,499!!!!)

Lovely picture, the larger versions on Flick are great (y)

Wow, that is a great shot (y)(y)

There is something about it that makes it look like it needs a slight rotation, I think it might be the water leading in :shrug:

You should go back and reshoot :LOL::D

Having now looked at the large shot - I would be tempted to remove the two lines at the bottom of the picture going over the water.

I am really pleased with the response this pic has had. Thanks all for your comments, they are all appreciated. I tend not to post a "thanks" to each comment made on my posts as I'm not keen on artificially bumping them up the front page. I prefer to see how they stand in their own right, whether good or bad. This has been the most commented pic on TP that I have posted and is also now my 2nd highest views on flickr. In a week, I reckon that's not bad.

Re: the comments about it being slightly off, well - I took a screen print with a grid overlay

Taj_Grid.jpg

It is ever so slightly out of centre. If you look at the spire at the top of the Taj and compare it with the closest widget in the lake, then they are not quite on the same line. So Marcel was almost correct. A step to the left would have been too far. So would half a step. A minor shuffle may have been in order.

Once the MV Taj Mahal donation fund has enough rupees in it, then I promise I'll go back and re-shoot.

:)

I've seen lots of photos of the Taj Mahal and it is one of the best so far. The beauty of the image far outweighs any off centre comments.

Well done

Back