Take A View Landscape Photographer of the Year 2013 Winners - LPOTY 2013

Edit My Images
Yes
Some of the shots from this years competition are starting to appear in the media.

Overall winner was Tony Bennett with 'Mist and Reflections'

Sunday Times magazine had an article yesterday.

The rest of the media followed today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...ape-Photographer-of-the-Year-Awards-2013.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...akes-prize-landscape-photography-contest.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...r-of-the-year-smoke-on-the-water-8893013.html

All winners etc now announced on the official web site.

http://www.take-a-view.co.uk/2013_winners.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the link....some exceptional photos there

Some very good photos, I do feel that some were heavily edited though. Call me anal but I would prefer to see some that had less PP :)

Warren, it's too far edited, please hide it :p

Jokes, it's a cracking shot buddy :)

Our own Rory Trappe also got a mention!

Llongyfarchiadau mate! (y)

Our own Rory Trappe also got a mention!

Llongyfarchiadau mate! (y)

Thanks Si(y)

I have had a look at the winners....OUTSTANDING.I really have to pull the stops out this year to try and get into the finalist for next year. I only wish the weather in North Wales would get back on track and sort itself out:bang:

My images that were commended

original.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, there are some wonderful images there.

The image of the Ferry leaving Newhaven is just staggering! :eek: :cool::cool:

Thanks for sharing, there are some wonderful images there.

The image of the Ferry leaving Newhaven is just staggering! :eek: :cool::cool:

It's a powerful image, I wonder what level of manipulation has been carried out.

Last edited:
It's a powerful image, I wonder what level of manipulation has been carried out.

As there was some "cloning and pasting" in last years competition the panel requested that if you were successful in reaching the shortlist then you had to send in the RAW file. I guess the panel had to make a judgement on the amount of work to get the effect on the image compared to the original file?

Last edited:
As there was some "cloning and pasting" in last years competition the panel requested that if you were successful in reaching the shortlist then you had to send in the RAW file. I guess the panel had to make a judgement on the amount of work to get the effect on the image compared to the original file?

I thought there was a lot more leeway for adjustments in the 'Your View' category. You can enter composites can't you?

I thought there was a lot more leeway for adjustments in the 'Your View' category. You can enter composites can't you?

Yeah there is more leeway, not sure on composites but you didn't have to send RAW files for the 'your view' category but all the others you did.

One of mine was commended this year and apparently will be appearing on the cover of the book :)

Sweeping by binliner, on Flickr

Yeah there is more leeway, not sure on composites but you didn't have to send RAW files for the 'your view' category but all the others you did.

One of mine was commended this year and apparently will be appearing on the cover of the book :)

Of the ones I've seen so far, that is the one that stands out the most for me. A style I like a lot too.

Great photos and congrats to all TP members who got a mention :)

That's a bit nice Justin... Where was it taken?

The winner is, I think the best winner of the competition so far. I also loved the Loughton Camp one and was amazed it didn't get through last year.

This will sound terrible but even though they are very definitely great photos indeed, I am a bit sick of seeing Corfe Castle and those trees in Ireland every year.

Although I think most of the winners would be pretty proficient at PP, I think most are very good captures and pp is subtly. I'm pretty sure in most catergories the winners had to show the original files.

Lol yeah is a bit far... wanna swap place? your neck of the woods is a gold mine for coastal photography ;)

Haha, tell me about it! Most of my landscape photography takes place along the coast here. We get some awesome sunsets too (and I'm too lazy to take advantage of the sunrises over your side)! :D

If you ever get over this way, give me a shout.
Cheers,
Si

Beautiful image Justin - a suitable cover.

Really enjoyed your seascapes David and its a book I will definitely be buying when it comes out. Camped out on the wee site at Clachtoll during the summer but we had driving rain most of the time. A great spot.

As a Lakes person I really like the winning shot. I'm a fan of trees though :)

Last edited:
Cheers. Clachtoll...perhaps one of my fave places. I returned about a month after the stormy weather and it was like a millpond. Still, worse places to be!

That'll be a knockout cover too!

Back