Takes on Handmade- July Challenge

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a monthly challenge and is open to all. I will post a new theme drawn at random from a list of themes (Takes-on 2019 theme suggestions) at the start of each month. The challenge is to take up to 6 photos to the theme "Handmade" in the month of July 2019 and post them in this thread. Constructive comments are encouraged and should also be posted in this thread. There is a discussion thread for general chat, ideas, etc. The first post in the discussion thread also includes links to this year's previous themes.

Just to reiterate, photos on the subject "Handmade" should be shot and posted this month, July 2019, feel free to jump in whenever you like. Happy shooting :)

@Cobra, please sticky this thread and unsticky June when you get chance

All done Chris (y)

A fellow togger in Portobello Road this morning. :)

xd3tSGUxmmFyC9wDf_rbz_4vPdzF8i8pizkwvJ0P1rR8v4mRM-vGmLRWJIE_0p9MDN6nJX8cb2ut0qv79MYMsdG3x9IvoP8EvXJPLeXlVMFm98faymADBtKKAnlbswjl5qN7pi4zjAiOKC2qdV3_jdnd-087Tf8tQN62NaltEovW8s7QMVJde45a6apIszBB6INBUB52FNDoBBJWfI0rXdOvZ5c9BA5VNYhhhVfefEcixFtmh4qcW24pP6kBCZ7U6r6UjimNTDOzIEedRwk0Ak1-CNNrm-6nCczla-YTjNsjgrzh7autKGVKE1gF6_1BK8f5Vf1Wfi4zab17fZoOZxSUbsivO6P1reW_y53yd9WEO0WZe05Sdo0z1bi4a6U-ztq7HF2CwOqsChScgSpWL8cFI8z1eg3_31wQ-BYl_dMduDUmST6K40ALsEfngNReXPg32Uf2NNY5n4I7DvwMNJUIdnBZYIfXuXVhMT8RGPP3pdPOchj9XfKIciQM4yck0VdTi3jZLXayl_bqZH0I4Jd4Qmxzb6j0FnXpnhCmkozADO2C0qUkVXLVJWfqifz1hDvtvTD33xdpv3gfHPrqMe02pzZawCsPFIq_fzBg-dCJv8UmAOp5yepd6hxx3cRLffPmAxJV26zp_QWdBn45NC0ydKEPK0Bw=w1112-h867-no

Records banner poles and stand I made and have just handed over. It is nice to keep a record,,,,_TXE5323Xweb.jpg_TXE5252Xweb.jpg

@d00d love the ciggy shot, good take on the theme, somehow the nails add to it

@Terrywoodenpic lovely work both photographically and particulary in wood, puts my woodwork to shame, thanks for posting.

BTW, I do have a shot in mind for this theme, it's just taking a while to get it made ;-)

Well it's taken a few weeks, literally! but I got there in the end. The original looks a bit better than this scan, I had a few issues with colour balancing the negative but anyway. Originals are HP5 shot with a MPP Mirco-technical and a 120 back, that film was hand developed and then these were contact printed on to hand coated cyanotype paper. Those prints were mounted and shot with a Bronica SQ-A on Portra 400 wich as "hand" developed in Fuji Express C41.

triptych by Chris H, on Flickr

A four shots set from Sunday at the Heysham Viking Festival, for myself I'm classing this as one image as they were all taken on the same day.

this guy was making bowls using an axe to make the blank, then wood turning using a springpole lathe.

viking-bowl-maker-1375.jpg

Weaving something....

viking-weaver-1358.jpg

Making stuff out of leather....

viking-leatherworker-1361.jpg

Repairing hand made chain mail...

viking-metalworker-1378.jpg

I found out about via the Visit Lancashire website a few years back. They announced on Sunday that they would be having another in 2020 on 18-19th July (I think those are the correct dates)

Well it's taken a few weeks, literally! but I got there in the end. The original looks a bit better than this scan, I had a few issues with colour balancing the negative but anyway. Originals are HP5 shot with a MPP Mirco-technical and a 120 back, that film was hand developed and then these were contact printed on to hand coated cyanotype paper. Those prints were mounted and shot with a Bronica SQ-A on Portra 400 wich as "hand" developed in Fuji Express C41.

These are superb best pieces of art I have seen on here for a long time

Very nice Chris. I'm not sure I follow the technique and gear used, but nice result. Genuine 'handmade' feel with the individual frames on rough cut paper. (y)

A four shots set from Sunday at the Heysham Viking Festival, for myself I'm classing this as one image as they were all taken on the same day.

this guy was making bowls using an axe to make the blank, then wood turning using a springpole lathe.

viking-bowl-maker-1375.jpg

Weaving something....

viking-weaver-1358.jpg

Making stuff out of leather....

viking-leatherworker-1361.jpg

Repairing hand made chain mail...

viking-metalworker-1378.jpg

Nice set Geoff. I like people pics, and there's some fine detail here. The subject ... perfect for the theme.

Probably shouldn't put these up after @Terrywoodenpic 's excellent carpentry above but I decided to re-mount the cyanotypes and make a frame...

IMG_2435-Edit.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Back