Taking photographs at the Manchester Velodrome

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
After watching the indoor cycling on the TV during the 'lympics, I have caught a form of what I call the "Wimbledon" bug - the thing which brings people who don't normally play tennis, out onto municipal outdoor courts during the first week of July :)

Never having been to the Velodrome in Manchester, can anybody tell me what their policies are regarding amateur photographers? Can you just turn up, walk in and take photos during practice or training sessions as according to a "Visit Manchester" article I found on the web, "The track is in constant use seven days a week..".

My usual "snap away for fun" events are local cricket matches.

Thank you,
Alan

Been many times. No problems taking photos but...you won't get many good shots from the seats and don't stand up and annoy your neighbours. They have as much right to see the action as you do!

If you're prepared to travel, Derby Velodrome has a pathway around the circuit, which I think is unrestricted. I'm not sure of their shooting policies, nor of the competitions held there. The Sky Team did some training prior to the Olympics.

Back