Beginner Takoradi-Ghana

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm out here with work and the sights and people are amazing. I only have my rubbish windows phone with me but thought this lady and the log on the beach would make a nice photo. I obviously had to pay her as they are poor and need to make a living. Wish I had my DSLR and access to LR. Mend and make do, as the locals do.
Colour or mono?
WP_20170804_17_30_39_Pro (2)-3 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
WP_20170804_17_30_39_Pro (2)-2 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Colour for me.... would really like to see more detail in her face ...but hey I get the constraints..... nice shot.

Colour for me too, though i would have preferred a landscape version with the subject in the right of the frame. I feel i need to see where she is looking. Out of interest, which windows phone? I have the 1020 which is dated now compared to newer models, but for static subjects, it's not bad.

I would love to get loads more pics but you have to be careful not to offend them. I will hopefully get a few more opportunities to take some snaps. There was nothing but rough, grey seas and a few oil tankers to the left. Ive heavily cropped this pic to show her face without going to far and ruining it completely. I can only use the basic windows editing functions. I have a crappy Windows Lumia 650 as phones don't really interest me.
WP_20170804_17_30_47_Pro-2 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:
Color absolutely. It's too bad her face isn't more exposed but I see you had overcast sky and her skin color is difficult under those conditions. But you shouldn't be shy. Just buy a bottle of whatever she is selling and snap away.

Colour or black & white have their merits. It maybe a crappy phone but at least you have an image.

Back