Takumar 50mm f1.4 - aperture problem

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought one of the above from a local company I've used on numerous occasions. They are brilliant, never had a problem. I checked the aperture ring and focus ring, no problem. Put the lens on the camera and the aperture ring wouldn't move. Thoughts? Sending it back.

Bought one of the above from a local company I've used on numerous occasions. They are brilliant, never had a problem. I checked the aperture ring and focus ring, no problem. Put the lens on the camera and the aperture ring wouldn't move. Thoughts? Sending it back.

Sure it's not your adapter?

I've bought 5 other manual lenses recently, including a 35mm Takumar with no problems at all.

Just found this:

Hi there,
I just got a Takumar 50mm f/1.4, and it didn't screw neatly onto my Canon 600D (using my M42 adapter). Resulted in the aperture getting stuck while on the adapter, on the camera. And couldn't even turn the focus ring.
By the looks of it, my M42 adapter has a little "ledge" that juts out, and it hits parts of the lens. The problem is, for some reason, the aperture lever thing on the Tak 50 hits the adapter itself, getting "squashed" on it. And the focus ring on the Tak 50 causes the lens to actually push out of the back of the lens a bit, further hitting the adapter, therefore not being able to move it.
I see now that you can also buy M42 adapters without that little ledge, so I've ordered one of them, which I think should work fine.

Back