Tal-y-Llyn, North Wales

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken on my way up to take some low flying aircraft. I like this valley and a few times through the year I drive through it and end up at the ice cream shop at Tywyn:p

original.jpg

Nice shot. Have to agree with jerry12953 that the clouds do have a (very) faint magenta cast. Well worth the drive for an ice cream.:D

Nice shot. Have to agree with jerry12953 that the clouds do have a (very) faint magenta cast. Well worth the drive for an ice cream.:D

Tail between legs time.......

I have had another go at the RAW file and had a play with the WB at various settings. It get worse especially when I darken it or burn in. Quite strange.

Last edited:
You may think that this is a load of bollards but the comments on the magenta tones have been bugging me.

I took the dog for a walk yesterday (great thinking time) and it suddenly dawned on me......The sun was quite strong when it poked itself through the clouds and knowing the area well (spends hours there waiting for aircraft shots) I know that the hill closest to the cloud is covered in heather....which is a pinkish colour !!

Could it be that some of this colour was reflected back into the clouds?

Why do you think I'm talking bollards......last week at the same location we noticed that the green reflections off the hill we were standing on gave us a few problems with a green colour cast off some of the aircraft passing through !!

Any thoughts?

Sunlight seems to 'take on' the color of anything it bounces off-a red rose or a green leaf-because all of these colors are already within the light, waiting to be sifted by an encounter with the tangible world. In the rainbow, raindrops do the sifting systematically, each band progressing through the visible spectrum from red to violet.

Last edited:
Could well be, or it could just be that your WB is slightly off. It's a nice shot but is lacking in contrast imo.

Back