Tale of woe

Name
alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my camera canon 700d decided to go for a walk out unfortunately there is something wrong with the canon, I have to use live view because of my hands. The autofocus has stopped working in live view, works ok through the viewfinder. I have been pulling my hair out for the last 6 hours what little there is of it. Can anbody please help. Thank you.

Me and my camera canon 700d decided to go for a walk out unfortunately there is something wrong with the canon, I have to use live view because of my hands. The autofocus has stopped working in live view, works ok through the viewfinder. I have been pulling my hair out for the last 6 hours what little there is of it. Can anbody please help. Thank you.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, as I do not use live view so can only suggest a camera reset perhaps to clear a glitch and/or reset something you have inadvertently changed?

Thanks for that i'll give that a shot, it was a long time ago when I was into photography and these new cameras now bamboozle me. There was no such thing as a dslr, i'll get there.

Thanks for that i'll give that a shot, it was a long time ago when I was into photography and these new cameras now bamboozle me. There was no such thing as a dslr, i'll get there.

I have always been "into" technology so do not worry too much........and a camera in my hands in one form or another since about 5 or 6 years old.........as for age, looking at your profile all I will say is that I am older than you though not by too many years ;)

Resetting the camera fixed it, thank you for your help. Must have pressed a wrong button somewhere.

Resetting the camera fixed it, thank you for your help. Must have pressed a wrong button somewhere.

I am glad I could help and pleased that sorted it out and that you can now continue to enjoy the walks with your camera.

I hold my camera with what looks like a pushbike grip screwed into the camera and operate the shutter with a remote, I have tried the pistol grip with the trigger but if you saw my hands you would understand the problems I have. Sometimes it is a pain in the backside, I've thought of a mirrorless canon but they don't have a remote connection. I don't want to change from canon, all my gear is canon.

How would you feel using the screen to touch to take a photo?
it is very difficult if you could see my hands you would understand. I can sometimes use it but due to the way my fingers are on my left hand, I have just a thumb on my right hand, everything I do takes a lot of thinking about, I should just go to a point and shoot then if I drop It, it won't matter. That's what I am most afraid of.

There is a disabled photographers society. http://www.the-dps.co.uk

They seem to be more orientated towards those wheelchair bound but I would think they would have insight and possibly guidance to offer with other impairment such as you describe.

On their website they mention "adaptions" so perhaps you can ask them for specific guidance that has not been considered anywhere else. Hopefully with the growth in the likes of the Canon M series someone has found a mounting method that will allow for use of the remote trigger RC-6 for other than self portraits.

Back