Talk talk ..

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
What an absolute bunch of well, the swear filter won't let me post what I really think, I could "beat it" but I like being a mod.

For sometime ( about a year I guess) I've been having speed issues, since they took over from Tesco.
it fluctuates wildly ( and not only at so called peak times either) from below 1Mbs to 3Mbs down, up is around 0.6 and fairly static.

I've sent several emails to the CEO, and of course they have been replied to, by customer resolutions or some such crap.

The line can easily support 2.5Mbs + and this has been confirmed by a BT / open reach whatever engineer.

The last couple of emails I've sent have been ignored.
Today they truly excelled themselves.

bb.jpg

The CEO now has another email waiting for her when she clocks on tomorrow, and so does the ombudsman ( whatever good that may do)

Fibre is now available in my area (Wahoooo) several years after being promised it, but there is a waiting list (FFS!)

Last edited:
Crikey, that's poor. The waiting list might be a couple of months (unless you go with BT & then it'll be quicker) but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel. (y)

Jeez, since they put fibre to my local BT box, even I get (today for example) 42.43mb using 1986 copper cable from box to house.
Turning on the service took the BT guy all of 10 minutes.
I don't understand the waiting list. :(

I had similar issues with them, ombudsman was no real help then i took a chance and changed to their fibre deal of 40 mb guaranteed and it only took a couple of weeks and I have to say it has been pretty good since

I don't understand the waiting list. :(
I think its because we have been promised this for so long, lots of people have taken it up, and the poor engineers are rushed off their feet .. poor lambs ..

I think its because we have been promised this for so long, lots of people have taken it up, and the poor engineers are rushed off their feet .. poor lambs ..

Half an hour per switch on.
Poor excuse.

Half an hour per switch on.
Poor excuse.
My daughters boyfriends, dad, ( Phew!) was a BT / open reach engineer, going on his comments about how hard he worked, I'm hoping for Christmas 2017 (y)

Thanks Allan, I have written to them (and the CEO) on many occasions telling them that the service is not fit for purpose / they are in breach of contract etc.

if you're happy to go fibre with talktalk tell them you either cancel or get fibre in for you toot sweet
They are the last people that I would ever use now, they actually promised that they would swap me over immediately, as fibre was available, to my house, when I knew damned well it wasn't.
This was a few weeks ago.
The up shot was me saying "go on then" they contacted me back and said, actually we'll do it once its available,
after quoting their comments back to them, ( I may called them a bunch of liars at the same time ;) ) they then took to ignoring me, and my emails.

You should move to Cornwall, I`m with Talktalk, Fibre to nearby Box 200 Yards then Copper. Test tonight.speedtest Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.04_01h10m59s_001_.jpg

You should move to Cornwall,
I've been there twice, once on holiday, once for work, it rained both (separate) weeks,
so its highly unlikely :D

Fibre to nearby Box 200 Yards then Copper. Test tonight.
After all the grief and hassle and lies I've had off them since they took over Tesco.net,
I'm more likely to move to Cornwall, than stay with that shower of dog passings.

Not saying that you should do this but what would happen if you told them to stuff it and cancelled the direct debit and went with someone else?:D

Last edited:
Not saying that you should do this but what would happen if you told them to stuff it and cancelled the direct debit and went with someone else?:D
I'm going to Pete, and have already told them that.
But I'm just waiting for the fibre hook up.
No point in swapping until it is actually "here" its to the cabinet about 3 years after it was promised, now just waiting till it manages the few hundred yards walk to my place :D

The Talk Talk issue has been on going for about a year, I've spoken to god knows how many people from the CEO's office, including the CEO herself briefly.
They have just replied to my snotty email, asking me what the problem was. Cue second snotty email...
I'm done with being polite to this shower of s***!

I'm going to Pete, and have already told them that.
But I'm just waiting for the fibre hook up.
No point in swapping until it is actually "here" its to the cabinet about 3 years after it was promised, now just waiting till it manages the few hundred yards walk to my place :D

The Talk Talk issue has been on going for about a year, I've spoken to god knows how many people from the CEO's office, including the CEO herself briefly.
They have just replied to my snotty email, asking me what the problem was. Cue second snotty email...
I'm done with being polite to this shower of s***!

Worth noting that if you got to BT, as a new customer your infinity hookup would may treated with priority as a "new customer".

Worth noting that if you got to BT, as a new customer your infinity hookup would may treated with priority as a "new customer".
Thanks for the heads up Ruth :)
That would probably be my server of choice.

It may well work.(y)

Just ring them & tell them you are changing in the next week or so & wondered if fibre was available soon you would consider signing up & using them.

You should move to Cornwall,

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That would put him far too close! Mind you, I'd like to see what he could get at DZP and Paignton Zoo!

My house in England is 68m from the green cabinet and my youngest son (who has moved in while I am travelling) has just sent me a text to say that he is tracking cinnection speeds at 94Mb Download and 30Mb Upload. This is Infinity 2 and he installed the ne 7 aerial BT Home Hub 6 last week. This is in a Village south of Bath.

On the motorhome site I am on near Westport Mayo I am getting about 3.2Mb Download and 1.36 Upload on 3G via 3 Ireland using a Osprey Mini wifi unit.

It's OK for my use but many places also provide free wifi.

That TT cannot get anywhere near decent stable connections, even in rural areas is a massive failure given that the providersare using the BT backbone. How much £millions has HMG given BT to build capacity in rutal areas? HMG has poured mega sums in putting the legislation? regulation and delivery programmes online, reduced staff and closed libraries then BTs failure is their failure too.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up regarding Talk Talk Fibre, i have it and it's cr@p too :)

My contract runs out with them in October and i can't wait to bin them, the last 16 months has been terrible, my internet (fibre) speeds fluctuate daily and their TV box, well best not say what i think of that because i don't want to get banned.

@Cobra

FYI - I've had problems with both the Govnmintt and Scottish Power

DWP only sent 50% of my Winter Fuel Allowance for THREE years running cos '' the farm has the same Postcode''........:rolleyes:

SP changed the meter in September 2015 and has not billed me since....:eek:

many calls/emails/letter to their Customer Directors = no action/reply at all

ONE yes ONE letter to my local SMP ..........and they couldn't act fast enough.
SP have also credited a large 'compensation' payment....:banana:

BTW..any Odbusman will only 'advise' a course of acion AFTER all avenues exhausted ---read '' we are USELESS''

Don't get your hopes up regarding Talk Talk Fibre, i have it and it's cr@p too :)

My contract runs out with them in October and i can't wait to bin them, the last 16 months has been terrible, my internet (fibre) speeds fluctuate daily and their TV box, well best not say what i think of that because i don't want to get banned.
I had TT in the early days when I needed an extra line and broadband. (USB modem days)

It was awful but BT could not help. I had a 'double bonded' ISDN connection (2 x 64kbd).

TT could not get the DSL connection to work and I cancelled. They took me to court 18 months latef for £1200 in unpaid rental, engineer and legal costs. They failed. I got my costs from them a year later.

Would rather eat my own s^^t than have any dealings with them.

I do not know any person happy with their TT service.

There shouldn't be a waiting list unless there are truely exceptional local issues. Drop me a pm and I'll see what the company I represent can do for you.

Done to keep Moaning Staff Members Moaning
:p 1st time I wasn't even staff, second time I *think* I was.

Been with them since day1 never any trouble!!:cool:
Ah! so you are the one, excellent (y)

Don't get your hopes up regarding Talk Talk Fibre,
I've certainly no intention of staying with them even if they offer it free for a year.

ONE yes ONE letter to my local SMP ..........and they couldn't act fast enough. SP have also credited a large 'compensation' payment....:banana:
Excellent news, (y) but why oh why do we have to get snotty with these people, to get what we are owed / due?
BTW my local MP is a weigh anchor.
I've crossed paths with him on occasion too :D

BTW..any Odbusman will only 'advise' a course of acion AFTER all avenues exhausted ---read '' we are USELESS''
I guessed as much TBH, especially when it said on the site we aim to reply in 6-8 weeks :rolleyes;

There shouldn't be a waiting list unless there are truely exceptional local issues.
Certianly none that I am aware of, just the lazy sob's that work for open reach (as per my post a few above)

Drop me a pm and I'll see what the company I represent can do for you.
in coming (y)

and their TV box

Whil`st their Youview box is only about 99% as good as the sky box, it little Foibles are easy to overcome i.e. Fast Foreword sometimes fails to work correctly, hit "stop" and "back" press "OK" twice and problem cured until next time (Days or even Weeks)

Shame they`ve stopped making the VCR or you could go out and get one.

Whil`st their Youview box is only about 99% as good as the sky box, it little Foibles are easy to overcome i.e. Fast Foreword sometimes fails to work correctly, hit "stop" and "back" press "OK" twice and problem cured until next time (Days or even Weeks)

Shame they`ve stopped making the VCR or you could go out and get one.

It's the sloth like sluggishness of the thing that pees me off the most.

I'm now up to just over 8Mb & been that way & stable for many months now (fingers crossed) It only got sorted by eventually getting them to change my profile & disable DLM

btw, when I was having major issues with TT & speeds below 1Mb, their speed test was nearly always `generous` when compared with http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

(Out of interest, try comparing & see if there are discrepancies)

Obviously too young to appreciate the joys of the VCR, setting the Programme by the handset, Channel, Day, Time bit by bit. and then rewinding to the start on a really slow machine, Sheer Bliss.

or only having a 12" B&W set that only had the BBC for a few hours each evening with the Test Card all day.

Youngsters of today don`t know what they missed.

(Out of interest, try comparing & see if there are discrepancies)
Pretty much identicle
Although I usually use this one,
http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/
Although the other day it couldn't even register the speeds.

I clicked on "futher tests" on the link you sent, and got this :D

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Resurrect the thread from a few months ago too. :D (or merge em)
Now there is a thought :D

Last year my neighbour was moving to TT, the day arrived and ...................................................nothing, she needs internet for work
and they told her there was delay and it would be about a week before she was connected !!!!
I let here connect to my BT wifi, thankfully she was reconnected 4 days later but since then it seems it has drooped out several times and
with my permission she connects to mine.
What I can't work out is that we are both from the same exchange and I have little or no problems with my connection, so how does that happens
when we are both apparently on the same network ?

so how does that happens
Because they are s*** and couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery?

Just used that & got 8.69Mb (8.49 with the BT one ) With the TT one I get;

`Sorry, we can't run a speed test from your location
The TalkTalk speed checker helps you find the upload and download speed on your computer or laptop. Please make sure you're at home when you run this test.` :confused:

What I can't work out is that we are both from the same exchange and I have little or no problems with my connection, so how does that happens

Nowadays there shouldn't be any difference whatsoever no matter who you are with in respect of the technicals. The difference between suppliers is down to the quality of customer service, accuracy and readability of bills and the ability of technical support to listen, understand and take ownership of the problem until resolved. Sadly, there is a huge chasm between the better suppliers re qos and those at the foot of the league table.

Back